Senior Data Scientist
Engineering – Data Team
Starship Technologies is developing the future of delivery – a network of self-driving robots ready to serve you any time, anywhere. We are redefining how goods flow through the places where we live. We see a future where service is more convenient for everyone – made possible by our star team of autonomous neighborhood robots.
We have entered the commercial phase, with hundreds of robots delivering food and parcels to thousands of happy customers across the United States, as well as four countries in Europe.
We are seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join our Data team. If you’re a data-driven individual, with a strong sense of logic, you might be who we’re looking for to join our team of ace problem-solvers. You will work side-by-side with our internal stakeholders to understand complex business problems, and to give advanced insight towards the development of the services we are offering, providing important input for key decision-makers.
In your work, you will be required to:
- Mine our immense data sets for actionable insights to share with teams, making a positive impact on their work in order to improve their efficiency
- Partner up with various teams (operations, business development, marketplace, or mapping for example) in order to gain a full understanding of their work
- Figure out what data, metrics or dashboards would simplify, make more efficient, and give invaluable insights to the work of those teams
- Build models and dashboards that turn insights into actions
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Previous working experience as a data scientist or scientist
- Some skills with data analysis, machine learning, scripting, and SQL
- Some experience in storytelling and data visualization
- Good spoken and written English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Full-time contract
- Location is Tallinn, Estonia (with relocation support)
We value our team. For this reason, we make sure that there are:
- Fun company events
- Weekly team lunches
- Never-ending snacks and drinks!
If you are ready to challenge our existing models and ways of thinking, then you may be the person we are looking for! Want to learn more about us and our market-defining team of robots and people? Get in touch and let’s have a chat!