Senior Data Scientist (algorithms)
Engineering – Data Team
Starship Technologies is developing the future of delivery – a network of self-driving robots ready to serve you any time, anywhere. We are redefining how goods flow through the places where we live. We see a future where service is more convenient for everyone – made possible by our star team of autonomous neighborhood robots.
We have entered the commercial phase with hundreds of robots delivering food and parcels to thousands of happy customers across the United States, as well as four countries in Europe.
We are seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join our Data team. If you see yourself developing predictive algorithms that power our global delivery business, you might be who we’re looking for to join us. You will work side-by-side with our internal stakeholders, building solutions to improve the quality and efficiency of our services.
In your work, you will be required to:
- Take ownership of production algorithms that predict key aspects of our business (ETA and battery level, for example)
- Enhance existing predictive models and build new ones
- Develop internal tools to support your work
- Proactively work with other teams to improve our service
- Contribute to other projects on our modern data stack
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Previous working experience with predictive algorithms and machine learning
- Experience in coding and automation
- Some skills with SQL, data analysis and visualization
- Good spoken and written English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Full-time contract
- Location is Tallinn, Estonia (with relocation support)
We value our team. For this reason, we make sure that there are:
- Fun company events
- Weekly team lunches
- Never-ending snacks and drinks!
If you are ready to tackle unique predictive challenges, in the complex environment of a robotic delivery business, then you may be the person we are looking for! Want to learn more about us and our market-defining team of robots and people? Get in touch and let’s have a chat!