United States, Fairfax VA
Operations – Operations US
Full-time and Part-time
Become a part of the future – help Starship revolutionize the delivery industry with fleets of friendly pavement robots. We’re building autonomous robots designed to deliver parcels, groceries, and food in 15-30 minutes within a 4-5 kilometer radius. Starship has initiated commercial pilots with nearly 100 robots trundling along the pavements across Europe and the United States.
Our robots are 99% autonomous, which means we outsource the difficult decisions to our human operators who are able to solve various social and traffic situations. We’re seeking operators to work from the George Mason University campus to oversee and guide the friendly sidewalk robots designed to deliver parcels, groceries and food.
- Oversee the robots during their autonomous operations
- Operate the robot in a safe and sensible manner in certain traffic situations
- Communicate with the robot and handler on the ground in real-time
- Log and report any issues to relevant teams
- Manage test issues as they occur
- Map out navigation paths
We are looking for someone who is:
- Excited to do something totally new and inspirational
- Has good reaction and motor skills, able to process large amounts of visual information
- Reliable, diligent with sharp attention to detail and calm under pressure
- Able and willing to stay alert and responsive in front of a screen for several hours at a time
- Able to spot issues, resolve situations from a distance and suggest improvements to existing tools and processes
- Fluent with computers but technical IT skills are not necessary to be successful
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Able and willing to work outside traditional working hours in shifts
Terms & Conditions:
- Full-time or part-time employment
- Flexible working hours in shifts
- Starting pay:$13.25 USD per hour
- Location: George Mason University in Fairfax, VA.
Only candidates who send resumes will be considered.
Please include your availability when applying. Early application is encouraged.
Check out our website to find out more about us:
“The best thing about my job is the feeling that my contribution has an important effect on the company's development and success.” Herlent, Robot Operator