Safety Analysis Team Lead
Estonia, Tallinn /
Engineering – Autonomous Driving /
Starship. Talk of the town. Or the world.
Welcome to Starship – tomorrow’s delivery service. Thousands of our autonomous robots are already around the world, delivering food and packages. Today, we offer people new and convenient local services that make their lives easier – while continuously striving to create green, ethical circular communities. Imagine the possibilities when the local movement of things is automated, near zero-cost, and takes less energy than a cup of tea. Ready to solve some truly challenging and unique problems to make this wondrous slice of future a reality? Scroll down and read more about this unique opportunity!
Your new adventure
As Safety Analysis Team Lead, you will join our Autonomous Driving team and play an essential part in our mission to provide the world with efficient and environment-friendly deliveries, and fundamentally, to automate the last-mile transport of matter. Every day, our robots complete thousands of autonomous deliveries in the US, UK and Europe, and we’re hitting records on an almost weekly basis. For us, safety and autonomy are the same coin; we only enable automation for situations when they are safe, so you will have a core role in automating driving at the cutting edge of production urban robotics.
- Maintain and improve a high-level understanding of our safety status, including developing ways to understand risks to create an improved picture, analysis of our driving data, and developing a reasoned and data-driven set of priorities and ideas to improve.
- Improve both our capture of safety events as well as the delivery of those events to the right outcomes, including categorisation, prioritisation, alerting and statistics. This includes improving processes, coordination and training for other teams assisting with annotation, and automation of event and near-event discovery.
- Supporting teams working on government regulation.
- Coordinating work both in safety, and in the wider Autonomous Driving context.
- Leading, growing and inspiring your team.
- Communicating safety status, progress and priorities across the company.
What’s in it for you?
At Starship, engineering is at the core of everything we do. The fact that Ahti Heinla, our co-founder, still participates in developing our software is one good example. The trust we give our people to bring new ideas to the table is another one. We simply believe that the best decisions are made with input from our collective expertise and intelligence, using data, reason and enlightened intuition. And we trust you to come up with new ideas for goals or initiatives and figure out pragmatic ways of implementing them. Flexible working time, company events, an employee stock option plan, and a competitive salary awaits.
What we hope you’ll bring to the table:-
- An analytical, systematic and pragmatic mindset.
- Experience in the domain of engineering & automation, for example (but not limited to) in a developer or project lead capacity.
- Familiarity with data analysis.
- Fantastic communication.
- Enthusiasm about safety and robotics on our streets.
Shape tomorrow with today’s ideas
We’ve come a long way, but we need to take our robots to more cities around the world, to handle more situations, to provide more services and enable more in people’s lives, and just to delight those they come in contact with. Join a small, intelligent, dedicated and friendly team in solving problems that will actually enable new capabilities in the world.
Want to learn more about our robots, our design philosophy and how we might change the world together?
Get in touch and let’s have a chat! Learn more about us from our blog HERE .