Software Engineer, Video Streaming
Engineering – Teleoperation
The Teleoperation Team at Starsky is responsible for building a novel, state-of-the-art remote command and control system to operate an unmanned fleet of autonomous trucks. Teleoperation is the key technology enabling our business and it’s what makes us different from other autonomy companies. We believe utilizing human operators to solve the first and last mile problems in autonomy will enable us to ship unmanned trucks into commercial operations faster than anyone else. We are inventing novel solutions to very challenging Human Machine Interaction problems every single day. If you want to work on the bleeding edge of actually shipping unmanned autonomous trucks, we want to hear from you!
As a software engineer developing real-time video transport for our teleoperations system, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- System architecture, conceptual design, rapid prototyping, and production development
- Being our key developer handling design and implementation of real-time video and command & control signals transport to our connected trucks in a redundant and fault-tolerant way
- Working with other teammates responsible for adjacent software components to integrate all ends of video transport into our systems.
- Troubleshooting issues with video and controls networking and supporting Teleoperations when necessary.
- Implementing best practices related to failover behavior and redundancy
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience in development and implementation of real-time video transport
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
Preferred/Nice to have
- Experience with WebRTC
- C/ C++ programming skills on Linux platform
- Experience with video streaming or gaming
- Experience with network technologies (e.g. TCP/UDP, message brokers, etc.)