Software Engineer - Infrastructure
The infrastructure team at Starsky owns all the tooling that makes self driving trucks a reality. From building a world-class data analytics platform, to deploying the first autonomous truck fleet management system, to creating a self-serve simulator platform, we’re tackling the scaling and automation problems in autonomous vehicles. Our workloads span the stack of the self-driving problem space, and we directly work with all the Engineering teams within Starsky.
As a member of the Infra team, you will develop and own new systems, and help build frameworks for keeping development fast when tackling new issues. We’re looking for engineers experienced in distributed systems, core infrastructure, and/or internal tooling and who are deeply excited about the self-driving space. Great candidates will have experience with system monitoring, logging, and making data-driven design decisions. We have many projects that interact directly with the vehicle, and our data systems.
- Background in computer science/Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Deep experience with Python, Java, Scala or another language. We use python, but believe deep experience in one language is more important than breadth in many
- System Architecture skills, have prototyped, built, deployed, and maintained large and complex systems
- Can build fault-tolerant systems and provide visibility into the health of long-running jobs.
- Demonstrated ability to produce production-grade code - produces tests, documentation, and can be on both sides of code reviews
- Experience developing on linux platforms
- Experience with building infrastructure on a cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
- Know how to build frameworks for other developers to build upon
Nice to have or willing to learn:
- Infrastructure as code experience (we use terraform)
- Full stack web experience