Front-End Software Engineer, Teleoperation
Engineering – Teleoperation
The Teleoperation Team at Starsky is responsible for building a novel, state-of-the-art remote command and control system to operate an unmanned fleet of autonomous trucks. Teleoperation is the key technology enabling our business and it’s what makes us different from other autonomy companies. We believe utilizing human operators to solve the first and last mile problems in autonomy will enable us to ship unmanned trucks into commercial operations faster than anyone else. We are inventing novel solutions to very challenging Human Machine Interaction problems every single day. If you want to work on the bleeding edge of actually shipping unmanned autonomous trucks, we want to hear from you!
As a front-end software developer on our teleop team, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Rapid prototyping and production development of the next generation of our Teleoperation system
- GUI development (web, desktop/native)
- Working with other teammates responsible for adjacent software components to integrate controls and video streams into the UI
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience in front-end software engineering
Preferred/Nice to Have
- Python, C, C++ programming skills on Linux platform.
- Experience with video streaming or gaming
- Experience with network technologies (e.g. TCP/UDP, message brokers, etc.)
- Experience working in the autonomous vehicle, robotics, avionics, remote operated vehicles, or automotive industries