Senior Data Scientist
Starsky Robotics is looking for a full-time Senior Data Scientist. Your job will tackle a wide variety of problems in autonomous vehicles. From finding every time a car cut in front of our truck, to figuring out how to report on the quality of autonomous driving, to creating new tools and statistical methods for robotics engineers to characterize the behavior of their systems, we’re looking for someone motivated to attack self-driving problems with mounds of data. Tackling these problems will require learning about the whole suite of robotics fields applied to make autonomous vehicles: motion planning, controls, perception, and behavior planning.
You’ll own high-level decisions such as “How do we determine if a route fits our current driving capabilities”. Day-to-day projects may have mission statements as technical as “Help us solve this spike in cross-track error on curves”, or as business-focused as “Can we get a heatmap of all the places our trucks have driven over the last year”.
Additionally, you can bring best-practices for data-science to the company, including helping build up the base platform and infrastructure necessary to speed up data-centric work. Starsky has a solid base of tooling around our data, but it is ripe for improvement.
- 4+ years in a data science role with solid programming skills, preferably Python
- Demonstrated expertise in the data scientists modern toolkit: Pandas, R, SQL, etc, and don’t mind sharing your experience with the team
- Deep quantitative thinker: Masters or PhD in a quantitative field, or multiple years of experience in a quantitative-focused position
- Relish delivering answers and metrics and seeing change affected by your work
- Can take high level directives and take them through from research project, proof of concept, to applied & implemented feature.
- Are constantly looking for problems that could be solved with liberal application of data
Nice to have or willing to learn
- Experience with robotics systems
- Software engineering background
- Experience with C++