Sr. Product Designer - Mobile App
Advertising & Marketing /
StartEngine is the $221M FinTech powerhouse driving the future of fundraising and alternative investing. We have big plans to change how people invest in early stage companies (and other alternative assets), as well as how companies raise capital to grow their business. We’ve helped over 350+ companies raise $230M+ and we’re growing faster than ever.
We’re looking for an UX and mobile app design individual that sees where design is going and is eager about bringing us there. We believe our design should be a competitive advantage, and we want to work with someone who not only agrees with this sentiment but is inspired by it. You’re right for this role if you think StartEngine has a lot to improve on our design, and you’re excited to help us build the future. Finance is changing, and we want your expertise to make StartEngine the platform featured in design blogs across the country.
Being a self-starter is a must have. This is a small team and you will shoulder a lot of the work. You’ll also have the autonomy to turn various ideas into well designed products. We’re working on apps, marketplaces, and everything in between, and we need you to be willing to voice your thoughts and help guide us in the right direction.
Where does this position go? This is the first full time role of our design team. You’ll create the vision for the future of this platform, and as we grow, this team will grow with you to help you implement this vision. It’ll always be a work in progress, and that should inspire you.
Why merely back a company when you could own a piece of it?
What You'll Do
- Partner with our teams to design elegant solutions to complex issues; UX, Mobile, etc
- Lead and manage our brand's design
- Lead new projects from mockup to production
- Work with the product team to monitor and iterate on existing products
- Improve product design and suggest UX improvements
- Build and update our brand guidelines and create a standardized design across the site
- Implement design standards across all marketing materials and create emails, landing pages, and graphics that match StartEngine’s brand
- Design and iterate on StartEngine’s upcoming iOS app
- Hire, manage, and direct a team of freelance resources for any additional design needs
What We're Looking For
- A UX designer with 5-8 years experience; who is ready to show off their experience learned from a successful app company - where the mobile app is their flagship product. You have a vision and are ready to design the app from the ground up!
- Sincere interest in investment and/or financial business; FinTech.
- Experience having worked at a startup, or building and implementing the design standards from the ground up - especially a mobile app for a top mobile app company!
- Someone with experience building a mobile app past prototype stage, ideally with experience integrating live user or customer feedback
- A designer who is flexible and interested in working with other teams, monitoring the progress of their designs within the development cycle, and acting as a product manager if need be.
- Experience in complex designs, particularly financial or transactional
- Experience designing landing pages, product pages, graphics, and emails
- A degree in design or equivalent experience
- Ability to design in Figma and / or Sketch Experience with Photoshop or other image editing software
- Ability to submit outstanding work on ambitious deadlines