THE COMPANY: Deltatre (www.deltatre.com)
Part of the Bruin Sports Capital portfolio, Deltatre is the global leader in the $500B+ sports media landscape.
Deltatre provides a comprehensive suite of sports media technologies that power some of the world’s most prominent and influential sports and media companies, including FIFA, NFL, MLB, UEFA, BBC, Discovery, Sony, Fox.
Most notably, Deltatre was the trusted technology partner behind the top 5 most watched events, of all time FIFA World Cup 2014, UEFA Euro France 2016, UCL 2016, Rio 2016 and Cricket WC 2015.
WHAT WE ARE WORKING ON:
We are building the next era of live streaming experiences and the digital products that power some of the most recognizable sports and broadcast media brands in the world (NFL, FOX Sports, FIFA, UEFA, BBC, & NBC).
We are looking for an enthusiastic Junior DevOps Engineer to join our growing team in Utah. This is an opportunity to work closely with and provide support for internal and external Engineering, QA, and Product teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to create new solutions and help build the foundation for DevOps process and tool chain, including: implementing the best tools to support our build, deploy, release, and operational processes in support of continuous improvement, while simultaneously supporting automation, monitoring, and infrastructure scalability, data transparency and increased time-to-production velocity.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated and proactive individual who understands the value of automation, monitoring, and solutions at scale, who are passionate about technology and are excited to learn and use the latest toolsets and techniques.
- Support the management of cloud infrastructure located in both Azure and Google GCP. (e.g. initiating deployment jobs, tracking hardware and application monitors, documentation/diagrams, building and testing containers and any number of other tasks ranging from DevOps to Ops and occasionally some helpdesk tasks)
- Perform dynamic configuration of DevOps code elements within Git and TFS—infrastructure as code (terraform), pipeline and manifest definitions (K8S, Helm, Docker)
- Work with the QA team to support their efforts and/or performing QA tasks DevOps projects
- Expanding DevOps excellence to our clients and our regional and international teams
- EDUCATION: Computer Science degree preferred. Equivalent experience also accepted
- EXPERIENCE: 2+ years of DevOps experience, Infrastructure operations, or Helpdesk
- Experience with at least one of the major Cloud providers: Azure, AWS or GCP
- Server administration experience with both Windows and/or Linux (IIS, SSH, Shell/Powershell, etc.)
- Basic understanding in automating server-side jobs using PowerShell, Azure CLI, Shell or other scripting languages
- Basic knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and release management
- Good understanding of source control usage and best practices
- Good understanding of DevOps best practices
- Good general understanding of Web Applications
- A passion for DevOps, technology and the related concepts and culture
- Nice To haves
- Infrastructure as code experience
- Database experience, NoSQL preferred but traditional relational acceptable
- Bash, Python, Powershell scripting experience
- Passion for sports