Who we are - StartupTAP
We are a group of incredibly passionate, communicative and service-oriented talent acquisition professionals. StartupTAP is not a traditional recruitment agency; we are a research-driven search firm built on a foundation of strong relationships and results. We are strategic partners that help build companies. Working closely with investors, entrepreneurs and business leaders, we provide an end-to-end recruitment solution for all companies serious about hiring; from early-stage startups to large, globally established brands. We provide organizations with their most valuable asset – talent.
Who we are looking for: Recruiting Associates + Sr. Recruiting Associates
StartupTAP is continuing to grow and we are looking for incredibly ambitious, self-motivated and results-oriented professionals to join us in becoming the best recruitment solution to emerging growth companies. We want professionals who take pride and ownership in whatever it is they do. We want problem solvers, thinkers and those who are accountable and want to win. Our team members want more than the status quo; they are all driven to succeed and approaches challenges with a “do-what-it-takes” attitude. ‘Good enough’ is not good enough.
What you’ll be doing
- THE BIG PICTURE: You will become a best-in-class, talent acquisition focused management consultant to our clients. Be a true recruiting partner to emerging growth businesses and business leaders.
- To do this, you will learn the ins-and-outs of our recruitment practice becoming a subject matter expert at talent acquisition.
- Learn, absorb and thoroughly understand the specific skills, qualifications and experience needed for our clients’ openings.
- Provide consistent, effective and concise communication with candidates, hiring managers, senior executives and business leaders; by email, phone and in-person.
- Draft well-written and compelling position specs for your own requirements.
- Effectively utilize job boards (i.e. Monster, LinkedIn, Indeed, our own site, client websites, etc.) to post positions; keep all postings current, active and updated.
- Review and evaluate all incoming applicants on assigned positions and take action (connect/interview/disqualify). Communicate!
- SOURCE! – Quickly and accurately perform comprehensive research and identify the best and most relevant talent for our searches. Document this data in a presentable way using Excel/Google Sheets and our internal ATS (this data is critical to the success of the search!).
- Leverage social media tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and others to drive results. Get creative.
- RECRUIT! – Target, contact, engage (have conversations) and develop relationships that convert talent into candidates.
- Hold yourself accountable to yourself, your team (the firm), your clients and your candidates.
- Network professionally and personally (you’re a natural at this!) – attend relevant industry events and represent the firm when appropriate.
- Eventually, own the entire recruitment process including delivering and negotiating offers and performing candidate reference calls as needed.
The Right Person - experience, qualifications, persona
- EDUCATION: BA/BS degree required (will consider those without but must have demonstrated a track record of success). Open to all majors.
- EXPERIENCE: Ideally, 2-4+ years of work experience in a client facing, consulting or sales/customer service related role. We will consider individuals with less experience; it’s the right personality and drive that matters.
- Have phenomenal communication skills – verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal (yes, all of it). You can carry a conversation and tell a great story.
- Amazing computer skills (we don't mean basic Microsoft Office; you must be tech and web savvy). Technology is an integral part of your day-to-day life.
- Using Google and the Internet when you don’t know something is second nature to you.
- You are adaptable and self-aware. Really know your weaknesses and always looking to improve.
- You have an unrelenting desire to succeed (whatever that means to you).
- You don’t understand 9 to 5. You only understand results.
- You are incredibly resourceful. Will not only work harder to deliver results but will find ways to work smarter.
- Interest, curiosity, severe or mild obsession with IOT, technology, media and entertainment all lend itself well to the role.
- MUST be detaled orianted. Did you catch that? If so, great, keep reading… If not, well…
- Comfortable with negotiating? That’s a plus. Can you sell ice to an Eskimo? Even better. You become friends with the Eskimo after? Perfect.
- You have a neurotic entrepreneurial drive. You see the BIG PICTURE and ROLL UP YOUR SLEEVES and do whatever it takes to get the job done. This isn’t a bureaucratic environment. We are driven to deliver the results. That’s what matters.
Why join our team?
We set the bar high at StartupTAP but our team members set their own bar even higher. We work as a team. Recruiting is all about people. Our business is people. We’re “people-people” or “people-persons” - you know what we mean. We are fueled by incredible ambition, humility and the desire to build a top-tier firm. If you want to be involved in a startup building startups, this is the place to be. You will work alongside ambitious, smart and fun people helping the most talented and forward-thinking companies today acquire talent. Every team member has the opportunity to make a significant and immediate impact.
What we offer
· OFFICE: Great centralized location in Downtown LA’s Arts District (plenty of restaurants, bars and entertainment).
· GEAR: AKA your new BFFs. We provide you with the tools to get the job done. Whether you’re MAC or PC, you choose a laptop (MacBook Air or Lenovo X1 Carbon). A 22” monitor at the office so you to have more screen real estate. BYOD for phones, but we got your cell plan covered!
· FLEXIBLE SCHEDULES: We all have so much to do, and not enough time and that’s why we’re hiring! We don’t have “set hours” you make your own, but don’t be a stranger, this is a team thing after all. We encourage everyone to be at the office to collaborate. When you first start, that’s where you will learn the most. Our team enjoys being at the office. We do have a weekly all-hands meeting.
· UNLIMITED TIME OFF: Embrace it, you deserve it. Take vacation and days off when you need to or when you just want a day off. We trust our team members to hold themselves accountable to their clients.
· OTHER PERKS: Stocked office with food/snacks/drinks. We often have company lunch/dinners/happy hours… It’s a fun, fast-paced environment filled with like-minded people. We even have some medical and dental benefits to throw in!
We are all working towards the same goal and we have fun while doing it. We are a startup helping build world-class companies and this is when the right person can make a big impact on the overall success of the firm and help us redefine recruitment. This is an exciting time for us and we want the right people to be a part of our team.