SDET / Software Development Engineer in Test
Playa del Rey
ABOUT US AND OUR ENGINEERING CULTURE:
Our customer base is made up of the top global advertising agencies (Weiden + Kennedy, JWT, 72 & Sunny), television/movie production companies (Paramount, NBC Universal, Viacom), post-production houses (Beast, Method, Deluxe) and brands (Beats by Dre, Reebok, GoPro, RedBull).
The craftsmanship of both product and feature development is deeply ingrained in everything we do here at Wiredrive. We work hard to maintain a codebase and a culture that are a joy to work in.
Wiredrive/MediaSilo is looking for a highly motivated and driven Sr. Software Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our Site Reliability Engineering team in our Playa Vista/Los Angeles. Our client base is made up of the top global advertising agencies, television/movie production companies, post-production houses and brands. Our challenge? Continue to evolve our platform with new features that will advance the sharing, presentation and management of our clients' assets while maintaining reliability and stability.
You'll be helping us design and automate test cases for new features and experiences for some of the top creatives in the world. We're looking for experienced automation test engineers who will be directly involved with creating and executing automated test plans, collecting metrics on test results, regression testing, integrating security and load testing into our continuous development workflow, media playback, caching and more.
We are currently establishing a formalized SRE program, that will focus on development, on-call rotations, documentation, and run books. You will be fully supported by the engineering and executive teams, and help establish best practices.
SNAPSHOT OF WHAT WE'LL WORK ON:
- Use test frameworks
- Build and deploy with Docker on AWS
- Work closely with the development and product teams to fully understand the product
- Suggest automated tests or test strategy for bugs, new user stories and existing test scenarios
- Clearly communicate automation test scenarios to the team
- Write and execute automated tests
- Track and report on automation test milestones as part of the SDLC
- Write clear and detailed bug reports
- Compile metrics to demonstrate the effectiveness of the automated tests
- Notify team of project related risks associated with automated testing impacts and delays
OUR TOY BOX:
- We have a complex product tasked with supporting some of the world’s greatest creative brands throughout their entire workflow - and as such, we’re proud to admit we’ve built Wiredrive on a technology stack that allows for continuous deployment with zero downtime, but we also recognize technology is iterative and the leaders of today will be replaced with the trends of tomorrow. We welcome and encourage advancements in technology and invest in and empower our engineers to elevate our code standards and software tools.
- Server-side languages: Java, Python, monolithic PHP, Node.js
- Web APIs: SOAP, REST, Django REST Framework
- Database: MySQL, open to relational MySQL
- We also tinker with media, codecs, media playback, and transcoding technologies
Our current stack consists of:
At Wiredrive, we believe that the work we do is part of a larger experience defined by the thousands of inspired creatives who create and present their work every day. We believe that smart, motivated and dedicated teams can do great things and we look to get out of the way so this can happen.
Working at Wiredrive, has its perks… There is a keg-orator (free beer, yay!) and a fully stocked kitchen with snacks and staples for meals, BBQ lunches on the patio, generous benefits, and a killer location in Playa del Rey. But the real reason to want to work at Wiredrive, is the people. Privately held and profitable, Wiredrive is growing fast.
Wiredrive offers health insurance (100% premium coverage), 401k program with company match, paid vacations/holidays, a monthly gas allowance, and employee referral bonus.