Senior QA Automation Engineer
La Jolla, CA
POSITION: Senior QA Automation Engineer
REPORTS TO: Head of Engineering
LOCATION: La Jolla - San Diego, CA
Contact: Recruiting Partner, Chetan “Chaz” Agrawal, m. 949.742.2184, e. email@example.com
THE COMPANY: ZEBIT (www.zebit.com)
Zebit is committed to providing free financial resources and no-cost credit to hard-working Americans. Zebit counters deceptive financing alternatives and saves members thousands of dollars in fees by offering free financial education, interest-free financing, and access to a closed marketplace containing tens of thousands of competitively priced products. Members pay over time without interest, fees, penalties, or credit checks.
Zebit benefits consumers by disintermediating the $70B predatory cash lending portion of the purchase value chain and passing the savings to the buyer. Zebit is building a unique brand, around “Buy now, pay over time, 0% always.” The platform provides the ability to finance virtually any purchase in an eCommerce marketplace through a no-interest, no-fee, installment-based payment plan (not a cash loan). The marketplace includes products drop-shipped from wholesale suppliers as well as access to millions of products through leading merchants (Amazon, Target, Best Buy, etc.).
Headquartered in San Diego, CA, Zebit is a well-funded venture backed company that has significant revenue generation and is on a path to profitability.
· Mission driven company focused on providing 0% APR for life with consumer facing fintech/e-com platform
· Venture backed w/ over $25M total and last round July 2017 with greater than $10M of additional investment
· Rapidly scaling with over 60K customers and > $1M in sales per month, heading for a $20M 2017
· Clear path to profitability and exit in next 3 years
· ~32 people in company today and expanding
· $70 billion addressable market
· 200 million addressable customers
· Very successful and experienced management team
· 75% of US employees are living paycheck-to-paycheck.
· 47% of households can’t afford an unexpected $400 purchase
· Consumers pay $70B in excess fees and interest annually
· 75 million shoppers can’t leverage online shopping efficiencies
· More payday outlets than McDonalds & Starbucks combined
· Even high-income earners have little savings and carry revolving credit balances
THE OPPORTUNITY: SENIOR QA AUTOMATION ENGINEER
If you are an experienced automation software engineer that is passionate about testing, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and believe in shipping solid code, then Zebit has an amazing opportunity for you.
This might be a perfect role for you if:
· You have proven experience using the LAMP stack
· You must be passionate about quality and shipping code
· You understand that operations/support are a first-class citizen when designing and building software systems, and engineer solutions to improve support and lower operations costs
- Create testing documentation, develop testing standards, define criteria for testing, analyze test results, and present results to developers and end users.
- Develop software quality engineering procedures and strategies including functional, performance, regression, and roll-back testing scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Oversee quality testing efforts including process design and standards, effort estimation, resource forecasting and fulfillment, and task and risk management, including functional, performance, regression and roll-back testing.
- Design, develop and execute complex automated software test plans to identify and address user problems and their causes.
- Analyze risk identifiers and develop documentation addressing software defect diagnostics and proposed solutions in the areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Design and develop testing processes and direct software application testing, leveraging knowledge of computer science and software development principles and utilizing PEGA (PRPC 6.2), HP UFT 12.5, Selenium, Java, Unix, Shell Scripting, VB Scripting, and SQL.
- Coordinate the work of project teams along multiple work streams.
- Develop and execute test scenarios, scripts, and procedures for unit, process, function, system integration, and acceptance testing.
- Serve as knowledge source for the escalation of complex automated testing application design and development issues and participate as an expert in software redesign process assessing software development projects for quality assurance factors affecting functional requirements and design specifications.
- Provide input to systems and applications developers on testing procedures and requirements, schedules, or potential problems.
- Present complex IT concepts and project metrics to both technical and non-technical audiences.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE: QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS/PERSONA
- At least 7+ years of hands-on industrial quality assurance (QA) experience in SDLC
- 5+ years of MySQL development
- 5+ years working with data driven testing automation frameworks
- Good Java programming and debugging skills
- Experience with test automation tools and libraries such as Selenium, TestNG, HtmlUnit, JMeter
- Experience with REST API and Service testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation, and detail oriented
- Great team player in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with test automation development
- Hands-on QA experience with mobile applications
- Scripting skill using Shell, Python, or Groovy
- Comfortable with Windows or Linux, Jira, Maven
- Great sense of time and priority management
WHY WORK WITH ZEBIT?
· The company addresses a huge market opportunity to more than 200M people in the U.S. alone.
· Offers competitive compensation, stock/equity and full benefits (health/dental/vision/life)
· Office in beautiful La Jolla close to the beach and downtown San Diego.
· Flexible hours with possible future remote work.
· Founders want you to contribute to your own open source projects.
· Knowing your work shines through the product.
Highly competitive compensation package comprised of base salary, stock options & robust benefit package, including health, dental, vision, FSA plans, disability, life & AD&D, 401K with matching, flexible PTO plan and much more
Do you have the drive to roll up your sleeves and get to work? Great. Are you looking to get pushed to be better every day? Even better. Each person at Zebit is dedicated to making Zebit not just great, but outstanding.
Come join the team! Please contact Chaz Agrawal at firstname.lastname@example.org / 949.742.2184.