Director of Editorial
THE COMPANY: Crypt TV (www.Crypt TV.com)
Crypt TV is a digital entertainment startup and the largest scary content brand on digital. We make social and digital video content for a thriving audience of genre lovers (horror, paranormal, true crime, aliens, conspiracy theory, cosplayers) and have quickly built up an outward facing brand with prestigious partners (including Eli Roth and Blumhouse Productions). We distribute across social and mobile – our Facebook has over 2M followers alone – and work with the world’s biggest movie studios (Universal, Sony, Fox, Paramount, WB) and best brands.
Direct Facebook Followers
THE POSITION: Director of Editorial
The Director of Editorial will cut a high volume of innovative, fast, social video content for the company along with livestream creative edits. The Director of Editorial will be a part of a growing team that thrive creating stories in an autonomous setting. This position should feel comfortable executing high volume edited content with direction from executive team members to cut footage, select music, occasionally adding graphic and sfx elements. This role will report directly to the VP of Production and be responsible for managing current in-house creative editor staff within the company.
- Pioneering and replicating for integrated marketing studio campaigns
- On set presence for all integrated marketing campaigns and big budget local productions when schedule allows
- Building relationships with filmmakers and talent in the space
- Communicating with both VP of Franchise and VP of Production to collaborate across departments, ensure on-time, A+ delivery
- Overseeing Creative Editor to delegate content execution, ensure on-time, A+ delivery. Responsible manager to oversee CE’s schedule with timely and constructive notes on all projects before sign-off.
- Establishing new in-house edit-only series for Crypt TV platforms
- Able to pivot quickly and experiment with emerging livestream edit technology
THE REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS/PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- EDUCATION: BA/BS is highly preferred
- EXPERIENCE: 4+ years related work experience creating edit-only video content; 2+ years of working on digital geared social content, live edit experience a plus
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Highly detail-oriented & excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience overseeing and managing in an office environment
- Deck building/presentation building skills a major plus
- Exceptional creative development and execution. This role requires a self-starter who can establish a clear roadmap for each project from concept to delivery of final piece without fail with regard to edit-only stories.
- Great multi-tasker, overseeing many projects simultaneously with minimal handholding and able to deliver A+ final product.
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude. There is some departmental bleed over and we need a team player who can adapt and help out whenever necessary
WHY CRYPT TV?
Crypt TV creates original for-digital genre content inspired by its motto #monsterswithin. Crypt TV is the online brand that celebrates the paranormal, tattoos & piercings, horror and is the home for all weirdos sick of the mainstream on social media. Love things that are weird? Then join the #cryptfamily!
• Competitive compensation.
• Growing company with several career paths.
• A fun, centrally located office in Culver City, CA.