Senior QA Engineer
The Baby Box Company
POSITION: Sr. QA Engineer
REPORTS TO: CTO/Mgr, QA Engineering
THE COMPANY: The Baby Box Company (www.babyboxco.com)
Since 1938, new parents in Finland have been sent home from the hospital with one unique, yet simple gift: A cardboard box. Filled with newborn essentials, the boxes are also designed to be a baby’s first bed. Combined with pre-natal and post-natal care and education, the boxes are credited with drastically reducing infant mortality. The Baby Box Co. is an innovative educational program equipping parents with resources to give their babies a safe start in life.
- The baby box was invented in Finland, which has one of the lowest infant mortality rates in the world.
- Starting as an e-commerce business, The Baby Box Co. has evolved to wholesale and are now reimagining themselves as a free online education platform for parents, Baby Box University.
- Baby Box Co. has garnered serious attention by distributing FREE baby boxes with safe and useful products to parents in certain markets, a program that will continue to expand.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Sr QA Engineer
We are looking for a Sr. QA Engineer to join a high performing engineering team and help support the QA function. This role will be responsible for developing clean, maintainable and efficient test code to ensure a higher quality among our products.
Ensure that systems developed are stable and continue to function in a high-traffic production environment
Develop new automation against new features and new functionality in existing systems
Write clean, readable, and maintainable test code that can be easily explained and followed
Write clean, concise and effective test cases against features
Create automated functional and integration tests whenever possible to ensure the codebase has a high level of code coverage
Jest unit testing
Nightwatch.js / Selenium Automation
CircleCI Continuous Integration
Zephyr Test Management
- EDUCATION: CS Degree or related field.
- EXPERIENCE: 4+ years of hands-on web software QA experience.
- Ability to work with various test automation frameworks such as Selenium, Cucumber and Capybara
- Ability to work collaboratively with development, product and UX in determining initial functional test coverage
- Ability to troubleshoot issues within the overall system to pinpoint defects
- Ability to work with relational databases (MySQL/Oracle/PostgreSQL) as well as NoSQL databases (Redis/MongoDB/Memcached) and design queries used for automation and troubleshooting
- Must communicate effectively with team members, managers, and people in other areas of the organization.
WHY Baby Box Company?
Our team is committed to taking a socially impactful, mission driven approach to our goal of providing every infant with a safe sleep space, and every parent with high-quality products and educational resources they need to properly care for their child. Fresh off a significant round of venture funding, Baby Box Co. is expanding rapidly and looking for impact team players. We offer extremely competitive salaries, a vibrant work environment and a common goal.