Software Engineering Manager
Greenlots is looking for an exceptional Software Engineering Manager with experience in delivering enterprise software projects. In this position, you will lead people and project management activities working closely with customers, Greenlots management and software development teams. You will be central in delivering on time and on budget product and solutions to our customers. This position will be part of a great team that is developing exciting products and solutions and playing a key part in driving forward the electrification of transportation.
•Lead a team of dynamic software developers to build and maintain a platform using the Agile Scrum methodology
•Interface with internal and external stakeholders, create and manage software development project plans, change requests, project risks and documentation
•Work closely with the customers to make sure that the project scope and plan is understood and signed off.
•Work closely with the software development team, validate development plan, estimates and obtain clarification as appropriate.
•Keep project progress up to date in the project tracking tool
•Communicate project status timely and effectively in terms of cost, forecast, schedule, and assessment of risks/issues
•Negotiate and influence cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate resourcing levels are engaged and maintained throughout the course of the project life cycle
•Contribute refinement of processes within the development organization. Institute and adopt best engineering practices.
- 10+ years experience in commercial enterprise software development.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software project management or in a software manager position
- Experience in working with large enterprise customers and in managing large scale enterprise software projects
- Solid understanding of different technologies including, but not limited to: J2EE, XML/JSON, REST and SOAP, Design Patterns, Concurrent Programming, Cloud Architecture, Apache open source projects, Database, Message Queue, Jenkins/BitBucket/GIT.
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle and Agile methodologies. Experience with Jira and Confluence products preferred
- Strong communication skills and ability to build interpersonal relations and achieve alignment across a range of internal and external stakeholders
- BS or Masters degree in Computer science or a related field
- Experience in working in Electric Vehicle, Automotive or utility industry will be preferred