Organizational Development and Training Specialist
THE COMPANY: ESRI – ENVIRONMENTAL SYSTEMS RESEARCH INSTITUTE (www.esri.com)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities and businesses worldwide to save money, lives and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
THE OPPORTUNITY: ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING SPECIALIST
Partner with business leaders and subject matter experts to develop and facilitate sales and leadership development programs to drive employee development and employee engagement. Equally important will be your contributions towards providing continuous improvement solutions to support individuals, teams, business units, and organizational effectiveness.
At Esri, we believe you should never stop learning, no matter how long you have been out of school. Leveraging professional and technical development courses, the Employee Development and Training team fosters a learning environment throughout the company. We are always thinking about how we can create a workplace that allows our employees to grow personally and professionally.
- Design and facilitate sales and leadership development training topics effectively by properly understanding the needs of the audience and also targeting the sessions to meet their knowledge and skill level
- Provide expertise in the design, development, training, and implementation of learning solutions and enterprise-wide training and initiatives
- Establish and manage key Sales Division business and partner relationships to understand the business priorities and talent needs across the business functions; define learning strategies to help accomplish them
- Facilitate workshops, process improvement working sessions, and other learning events to support professional and management development needs
- Develop tools and resources that reinforce sustainability of learning and enhance staff development to support professional and management development needs
- Source and partner with vendors to address learning or organizational development needs
- Evaluate training effectiveness of learning solutions and implement improvements to learning programs and resources
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s or Master’s in Business, Organizational Development, Organizational Leadership, Human Resources, or related field.
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three years of experience in facilitation, including off-the-shelf curriculum, and measurement of training effectiveness.
- Minimum of three years of sales execution best practices including, but not limited to, sales process, prospecting, coaching, and dashboards.
- Ability to productively work on multiple projects/courses simultaneously.
- Understand and implement adult learning theory and practices when facilitating and designing curriculum.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience, with superior attention to detail, and the ability to organize and express ideas clearly.
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, and results orientation.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence, with a demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and roles, building successful relationships and partnerships at all organizational levels.
- Excellent customer service skills, demonstrating an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Ability to travel domestically approximately 25% of the time or as needed.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proven knowledge and abilities in the principles and practices of organizational development.
- Strong project management and change management skills.
- Experienced in using on-line collaboration and training development tools, including an LMS.
Our culture is anything but corporate—we have a collaborative, creative environment; phone directories organized by first name; a relaxed dress code; and open-door policies.
A Place to Thrive
· Passionate people who strive to make a difference
· Casual dress code
· Flexible work schedules
· Support for continuing education
· A network of buildings amid lush landscaping and numerous outdoor patio areas
· On-site café including a Starbucks coffee bar and lounge area
· Fitness center available 24/7
· Comprehensive reference library and GIS bibliography
· State-of-the-art conference center to host staff and guest speakers
· Solar rooftop panels reduce carbon emissions
· Electric vehicles provide on-campus transportation
· Hundreds of trees reduce the cost of cooling buildings
· Incentives for employees who walk, bike, or carpool to work
· California-grown produce available for purchase in Esri Café