Sr. DevOps Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
THE COMPANY: MOBCRUSH (www.mobcrush.com)
We are a 30+ person team backed by top-tier firms, based in Santa Monica, CA. We are a group of gaming and media nerds, who work hard, trying to revolutionize creator-driven media. With over 80% of audience preferring live stream to blog or other social posts and live stream boosting sales and audience engagement, Mobcrush is on a mission to connect the world’s gamers and content creators with one touch.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Sr. DevOps Engineer
Mobcrush is looking for an experienced DevOps professional with a broad development operations background. This will be the first boots on the ground and be responsible for optimizing our tool chain: including implementing the best tools to support our build, deploy, release, and operational processes to support continuous improvement.
In an ideal world, you are part coder, part troubleshooter, part efficiency guru, and are passionate about getting quality code into production. You love things to be systematic and you are constantly looking at improving and documenting processes. You will bring projects from conceptualization, to development, to deployment, and through maintenance/operational stages. A high degree of fluency is required to maintain SaaS/PaaS AWS and Azure services running.
· Design, implement, and maintain highly available infrastructure on AWS and Azure.
· Develop effective tooling to accelerate deploy and release management.
· Improve the observability of applications.
· Partner with engineers to cultivate operational standards.
· Debug and optimize code and automate redundant tasks.
· Help teams productize standard reference architectures so they are repeatable and stable.
· Collaborate across business and technology organizations, providing sound analysis and thought leadership.
· Recommends opportunities for process improvement and create process documentation/runbooks.
· Demonstrate the ability to provide exceptional verbal and written communications.
· Improve reliability and efficiency by developing internal or leveraging 3rd party tooling and services.
THE REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS:
· EDUCATION:Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· EXPERIENCE: 3-5+ years of experience as a systems or DevOps engineer with hands-on experience
· Strong experience with release pipelines.
· Extensive experience of infrastructure automation tooling including Terraform, Ansible, or similar
· In-depth experience or exposure on maintaining and operating tools such as Salt, Terraform, ECS, Prometheus, ELK, Redis, MySQL, MongoDB, HAProxy, Nginx, Zookeeper, Jenkins, Maven, Graphana, RabbitMQ, microservices, etc.
· Extensive experience building automated Linux infrastructure on cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure.
· Software development experience in a language one or more of the following: Java, Python, Perl, Node, Scala or Go as well as shell scripting.
· Video encoding knowledge is a plus.
· A strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with a strong sense of ownership and personal accountability.
WHY JOIN MOBCRUSH?
Mobcrush is perpetually finding new and exciting ways to help gamers engage with their fans and getting rewarded for doing what they love to do. As a growing and quickly evolving team, we know our strengths but also acknowledge our weaknesses. If you are a quick learner who is willing to challenge some growing pains with us, we will help provide you with the tools and support you need to in joining our DevOps team as Player One.
We also offer:
· A competitive compensation plan
· A super cool office off 3rd Street and walking distance to the beach
· A casual, fun, relaxed, and entertaining work environment
· Professional development opportunities
· Great Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
· Flexible schedule
· Food (who doesn’t love being fed?)
· We love dogs!
· And more…