Head of Engineering - Remote
Titan School Solutions
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Titan School Solutions is making our schools stronger one day at a time by bringing state-of-the art efficiencies and real-time transparency to school food service. Titans founders are school information technology veterans who have created scalable and affordable, cloud-based management solutions to help districts and schools succeed and remain focused on nutrition and less on administration.
As we continue to sky rocket within this industry, we need a hands-on Engineering Manager that can both code and manage to join our growing team and help us get there.
You will impact an antiquated industry that is ready for disruption. You will build and change the way school data is stored, utilized and used by students across the country. You will be leading the charge by growing the entire engineering team and technical roadmap for the future growth and scale of the platform and the company. You will be involved in an industry that is unlike any other. You will manage, code and improve an already existing high traffic system while working in a fast-paced field that will expand your horizons and put you far above your peers.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hands on development of Architect level tasks such as the creation of complex features and platforms, optimization and refactoring of existing code and everything in between.
- Coach and mentor a team of Software and DevOps engineers, providing career guidance and holding regular one-on-one sessions.
- Create standards for technology by picking tech stacks, infrastructure and support software/services (rich telemetry, continuous integration/deployment, etc.).
- Handle the technology budget for infrastructure, development tools, services and employee workstations.
- Responsible for hiring, onboarding and management of new technical employees and contractors
- Responsible for evolving the team roadmap, technology, and architecture and leading brainstorming and planning sessions.
- Create and execute a plan to move the platform over to being highly testable to ensure engineering confidence.
- Partner with other engineering teams, departments, and stakeholders to align on broader engineering and company initiatives.
- Maintain a high bar for code quality through code reviews and helping the team think through edge cases.
- Facilitate sprint planning sessions and team retrospectives.
- Foster and embody our values of teamwork, lifelong learning, trust, empowerment, and quality through a people-first management philosophy.
- Our stack: ASP.NET, WebAPI, MVC, Hangfire, C#, SQL Server 2017, Redis, Google Cloud Platform, Git, Angular, and Entity Framework.
- Computer Science degree preferred. Equivalent experience also accepted
- 3+ years of managing an engineering team, preferably in an agile startup environment.
- 5+ years of experience developing highly scalable and performant production web applications using the ASP.NET (C#) and SQL Server tech stack.
- 3+ years of experience developing complex frontend web systems using Angular and TypeScript.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of conveying complex systems and logic to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A thirst for learning and a passion for new technologies, processes and patterns.
- Experience working with large-scale distributed architecture is a plus.
- A passion to help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers.
- A drive to continuously improve both the team and the product.
- An understanding what makes teams successful and what role a manager can play in that process.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- At Titan School Solutions, were looking for bright, independent, self-motivated, and experienced people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for technology.
- Remote Flexibility: This position is available for remote employment in the United States and does require the team member to be on call.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Health/Benefits: Medical, Dental, & Visual. 95% paid by employer!
- Unlimited PTO: We believe in work/life balance to reward our rock stars for delivering great results.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- Ownership: You'll be a crucial member of the initial build-out team, offering unlimited opportunity for growth and professional development