Account Executive (Consultant)
Melrose PR is a public relations and creative marketing agency located in the heart of Silicon Beach, CA. As millennials working in new media, we sit at the intersection of traditional PR channels and emerging engagement platforms, providing integrated marketing communication solutions for lifestyle and technology brands.
We create targeted public relations strategies based on your goals and generate a powerful industry presence through A-list media placements, content creation and sharing, promotional events, brand image management and social media.
It is this innovative multi-channel approach that allows Melrose PR to help companies, from small startups to established brands, break into the global media arena and drive their bottom line. We hustle on your behalf. Our clients look to us for results, and we deliver. You have the ideas. We get the world ready for them.
- Build and maintain relationships with print, digital, social influencers and related publications; Set up meetings with potential clients to show them what Melrose PR has to offer as a whole
- Help create and execute PR strategies, pitches, press releases, advisories, blog posts, articles, etc.
- Undertaking industry research and generating story ideas and angles
- Work with the company to help improve our content strategy as well as develop and distribute note worthy content capable of generating major publicity
- Stay on the pulse of media and technology trends, themes, deadlines, issues, opportunities, etc.
- Attend client meetings and reporting action items to client and internal team
- Manage accounts and all tasks involved to ensure moving forward
- Event planning and coordinating
- Conceptualize and execute high-profile events
- Bond with amazing clients, press, partners and colleagues
- Strong communication and writing skills (pitches, press releases, articles)
- Interpersonal people skills
- Ability to work easily in small team environments - team player
- An interest in technology, especially blockchain, but interest in tech is more important than extended experience in the space
- Ability to seamlessly project manage multiple projects
- PR/Marketing from Agency or Brand/In-House preferred
- Experience in Blogging, Wordpress, various social websites
- Able to shoulder a lot of responsibility and adapt quickly
- Experience in client and market research (knowledge in PR tools such as Cision/Vocus a plus, but not necessary)
- Efficient & organized
- Genuine curiosity
- Familiar with and up to date on major tech publications (ie. TechCrunch, Forbes, etc)
- Experience in graphic design and social media a huge bonus