Head of Marketing
Santa Monica, CA
POSITION: Head of Marketing
REPORTS TO: Founder & CEO
LOCATION: Santa Monica
CONTACT: Victoria Wang, Recruiting Partner, e. firstname.lastname@example.org , m. 817-733-9158
THE COMPANY: Genbook (www.genbook.com)
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Sydney, Australia, Genbook is a leading online appointment scheduling and small business management platform serving the US market. Genbook provides a powerful suite of SaaS tools that allow local merchants to manage their appointments and staff, accept payments, publish positive customer reviews, and get connected to the major local search sites. Completely accessible via web and native mobile apps, Genbook generates revenue from monthly subscriptions, payment processing fees and special offer commissions.
Genbook enables $650M of annual local commerce with a “Book Now” button placed on a website, along with native booking apps and a responsive mobile web experience, customers can schedule appointments online in real-time, 24x7.
· Series A funding with meaningful revenue and further investment earmarked for early 2018 to drive growth.
· Strong entrepreneurial leadership team with proven experience.
· Large market opportunity as millions of small service-based businesses have yet to adopt online scheduling.
· 19,000 active service professionals and 8.8M+ connected consumers.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Head of Marketing
We are searching for a seasoned Head of Marketing to play a key role in driving Genbook’s growth in 2018 and beyond. Joining an industry leading sales and support team, you will have the opportunity to build our marketing function (and team) for our US office.
- Assume responsibility for the entire marketing function, US office sales/support team management.
- Strategize across the acquisition funnel and implement marketing plans to address all phases of the buying cycle.
- Leverage existing and new marketing technologies to evolve and innovate marketing strategy and tactics, improve efficiency and increase results.
- Develop and implement digital marketing strategy, including awareness and demand generation programs across all marketing channels, to support revenue goals.
- Develop and execute a multi-channel content strategy and plan, resulting in YOY increases in consumer attraction, engagement, nurturing and conversion.
- Develop messaging and content frameworks, aligning content delivery with the broader marketing/business objectives, developing metrics and conducting analysis around content consumption and feeding back into content optimization strategies.
- Design and drive a comprehensive demand generation strategy integrating and leveraging tactics and tools including search engine marketing, email, webinars, events and social media.
- Lead overall demand generation planning efforts including production of lead generation goals and forecasts, setting/managing budget priorities, and measuring overall results.
- Collaborate with sales stakeholders to build an integrated marketing and communications plan to support the business to increase engagement and ultimately accelerate sales.
- Translate global strategic initiatives and imperatives into actionable marketing strategy aligned to target metrics.
- Identify, recruit and retain talent to develop a high-performing team with depth, resulting in clear succession plans and a leadership pipeline for the business.
- Foster innovation. Champion new ideas and initiatives, creating an environment that supports innovation.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE: QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS/PERSONA
- EDUCATION: Bachelors’ degree a must. Advanced degree a plus.
- EXPERIENCE: 7+ years of B2B marketing experience, preferably SaaS for SMB market.
- Demonstrated ability to drive and execute successful marketing programs across all marketing channels.
- Proven track record of success in driving demand and lead generation with measurable results.
- Able to consistently drive performance excellence in meeting business targets and objectives.
- Experience managing direct reports and managing through cross functional teams.
- Able to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Hands-on and entrepreneurial. Demonstrated willingness to become as involved as needed to drive results and foster like-minded senior managers with similar capabilities.
- Strong executive presence, including superior verbal and written communication skills, along with the ability to quickly establish rapport and credibility at all levels within an organization.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to take initiative, influence others, and achieve results in a matrixed organization.
- A leader who knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
· The online scheduling market is at a pivotal inflection point.
· Genuine opportunity for major influence in a high growth, profitable startup.
· Startup perks and benefits – you know the drill!
· Competitive salary plus equity.
· Potentially occasional travel to Sydney office (not a requirement).