Technical Operations – Live Streaming Events
Santa Monica, CA
THE COMPANY: DELTATRE (www.deltatre.com)
Part of the Bruin Sports Capital group, deltatre is a global leader in $500B+ sports and media landscape. deltatre provides a comprehensive range of digital and broadcast solutions for the world's largest sport events, federations, media partners and brands, bringing fans close to their teams and allowing immersive, monetizable engagement - delivering multi-dimensional and multi-platform sporting coverage focusing on three different experiences: Online, Onstage, Backstage.
THE OPPORTUNITY: TECHNICAL OPERATIONS - LIVE STREAMING EVENTS
The Manager of Technical Operations for Live Streaming Events is the strategic leadership resource in charge of assuring a smooth running of the operations during live events. The ideal candidate must be able to work under pressure, managing the Operations team and coordinating all the activities, respecting the client guidelines.
In this role, the right candidate will be the technical subject matter expert, providing guidance to the Events team(s). You will be the point of reference in case of issues, helping the team in deliver the best quality service possible. This is a client-facing role and will be the primary point of contact for the client during all events.
- On-Site and Off-Site technical and operational management before, during and after events.
- Ensure that all events run smoothly, meet deadlines and stay within budget.
- Support hiring of key operations staff and oversee operations team members.
- Manage relationships with a variety of partners and vendors.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- EDUCATION: Computer Science degree preferred. BS in Communication, Broadcasting, Media or equivalent experience also accepted.
- EXPERIENCE: 3-5+ minimum experience in live, domestic and/or international broadcast operations, ideally from sports/entertainment related industries.
- Proficiency in common asset management and video editing tools such as, Avid, Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Microsoft Word, Excel, Movie Magic Budgeting, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Mail.
- Familiarity with Live Transcoding and Live Streaming Protocols, including RTMP, RTSP/RTP, MPEG-DASH, MPEG-2 TS, Apple HLS, Adobe HDS, and Microsoft Smooth Streaming
- Familiarity with Rest APIs in highly scalable environments.
- Experience in VR, AR, 360° or Immersive experiences a bonus.
- Experience in team coordination and supervision. Ability to support team in the process of video streaming during live events.
- Must be flexible in terms of hours and be able to travel and remain on Event sites for extended periods of time.
- Must have exceptional organizational and management skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to juggle competing priorities and work exceedingly well under pressure.
- Familiar with the current technology and workflows for both HD and 4K, single cam and multi-cam events and 4K broadcast infrastructure a major plus.
- Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and related equipment.
For 30 years, deltatre has established themselves as a leader in international media and technology. After recently being acquired by Bruin Sports Capital, deltatre joins a growing and diverse collection of innovative businesses. As deltatre expands into the U.S. market, new employees will play a large role in building out new processes and procedures with executive team members.