The Senior Algorithm Developer will be responsible for advancing the Greenlots energy management strategies. The developer will join a team focused on creating and refining algorithms to operate a multi-technology energy platform consisting of EV charging, energy storage, renewable generation and site automation.
- Creation of energy management strategies based on available markets such as real time pricing, frequency regulation, demand management and demand response.
- Modeling site load profiles for performance forecasting and predictive logic.
- Algorithm development for the management of distributed resources.
- Participation in all aspects of the product development process with particular emphasis on SW development and testing.
- Development of analysis tools to provide system sizing, optimal technology blend and financial performance.
- Bachelor degree in math, science, or engineering required.
- Expert at developing predictive and resource optimization algorithms.
- 5+ years of experience working in a development environment
- Knowledge of software requirements, architecture and documentation
- High level software experience (i.e. Python, Matlab, C/C++, R)
- Experience working with advanced databases
- Work in an agile (SCRUM) engineering environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, collaborative skills, and cross-functional interface skills
- Effective communication of project results in written reports and presentations
- Ability to solve problems by identifying root causes, analyzing possible solutions, and taking appropriate action.