Tech Lead, Web Development Manager
THE COMPANY: deltatre (www.deltatre.com)
Part of the Bruin Sports Capital portfolio, Deltatre is the global leader in the $500B+ sports media landscape.
Deltatre provides a comprehensive suite of sports media technologies that power some of the world’s most prominent and influential sports and media companies, including FIFA, NFL, MLB, UEFA, BBC, Discovery, Sony, Fox.
Most notably, Deltatre was the trusted technology partner behind the top 5 most watched events, of all time FIFA World Cup 2014, UEFA Euro France 2016, UCL 2016, Rio 2016 and Cricket WC 2015.
WHAT WE ARE WORKING ON:
We are building the next era of live streaming experiences and the digital products that power some of the most recognizable sports and broadcast media brands in the world (NFL, FOX Sports, FIFA, UEFA, BBC, & NBC).
We are currently looking for a hands on Technical Lead to help drive our web development projects as a core contributor to the code base while simultaneously providing leadership for our North American group of engineers in an innovative and fast paced environment.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management and smooth operation of enterprise projects, including site launches, online tools, web applications and services to support Clients’ operations.
For this position, we expect you to be a tech-savvy professional with an in-depth understanding of how technology can help us achieve our business goals. You should be methodical and have excellent time management skills. As an Engineering Management leader, you should also use your communication skills to collaborate effectively with various teams.
- Organize work for team and contribute daily to the codebase, manage code reviews,sprint demos, and retrospectives
- Mentor a team of engineers across multiple, distributed offices
- Support the team in the adoption of new technologies and design patterns
- Collaborate with internal teams to design, develop and implement web solutions
- Ensure team follows software development best practices on topics such as code structure, automated testing, and documentation, etc.
- Deliver projects on time ensuring quality standards are met
- EDUCATION: CS degree preferred, Bachelor’s degree in a Communication, Broadcasting, Media or equivalent experience
- EXPERIENCE: 5+ years of C# .NET development and/or Enterprise Level Full Stack Development
- Agile software development experience (Kanban, Lean, XP, Scrum, Continuous Deliver, etc.) with onsite and distributed teams
- Experience using project planning tools and resources (Basecamp, Smartsheet, JIRA, Confluence, Trello, etc.)
- Understanding of OO & SOLID principle
- A proven track record of managing successful high-capacity, large-scale, internet-based online projects and architectures
- Able to handle high levels of pressure and multiple initiatives with calm and vigor
- Possessing the presence to drive change, influence people, and establish personal credibility both internally and externally
- That rare mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy, which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of technically astute engineers
- Demonstrate the highest level of integrity and ethics
- Able to thrive in a global, multi-cultural startup and corporate environments.