VP of Content Development
THE COMPANY: Crypt Tv (www.Crypt Tv.com)
Crypt TV is a digital entertainment startup and the largest scary content brand on digital. We make social and digital video content for a thriving audience of genre lovers (horror, paranormal, true crime, aliens, conspiracy theory, cosplayers) and have quickly built up an outward facing brand with prestigious partners (including Eli Roth and Blumhouse Productions). We distribute across social and mobile – our Facebook has over 2M followers alone – and work with the world’s biggest movie studios (Universal, Sony, Fox, Paramount, WB) and best brands.
Direct Facebook Followers
THE POSITION: VP of Content Development
The VP of Content Development will be responsible for initiating the in-house development of original IP and cultivating new filmmaker relationships. S/He will report to the Chief Content Officer and must oversee multiple projects at once that serve the Crypt TV brand with the potential to grow beyond digital.
- Create and develop new, original, IP fitting Crypt TV format at digital micro-budget scale.
- Hands on involvement with script development, visual character development sign off, filmmaker attachment, talent attachment and top line budget sign off.
- Be a self-starter and OWN all project tasks and responsibilities.
- Fast, creative problem solver with internal and external parties.
- Be creative, smart and agile, willing and excited to craft original properties based on the established brand voice.
- Put systems in place to create higher quality, consistent content at volume.
- Delegate succinctly and directly to in-house staff when applicable.
- Must produce solutions and results, and love to over-deliver ahead of schedule.
- Self-generate consistent, on-brand, pipeline content for both scripted and non-scripted genre content customized for platforms.
- Search and acquire existing IP fitting format and on-brand.
- Thorough understanding of character driven story development.
THE REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS/PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- EDUCATION: BA/BS is highly preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: 5+ years related work experience in creative development within entertainment industry, especially digital video startups.
- Insanely motivated, over achiever and smart creative.
- Collaborative with a solution based approach to all issues.
- Highly communicative with internal team members.
- Exceptional creative storytelling and development skills.
- Excellent presentation and organization skills, by email, over the phone, and in the room.
- Excellent communication skills with executives internally and filmmakers externally.
- Experience working on small budget, non-union productions ranging from $100-$10,000.
- Proven track record of fitting big story inside small productions.
- Great with tracking large amounts of projects simultaneously.
- Willing to make work and success of the company an absolute priority.
WHY CRYPT TV?
Crypt TV creates original for-digital genre content inspired by its motto #monsterswithin . Crypt TV is the online brand that celebrates the paranormal, tattoos & piercings, horror and is the home for all weirdos sick of the mainstream on social media. Love things that are weird? Then join the #cryptfamily!
• Competitive compensation.
• Growing company with several career paths.
• A fun, centrally located office in Culver City, CA.