POSITION: Mechanical Engineer
REPORTS TO: CTO
LOCATION:Agoura Hills, CA
CONTACT: Jesse Sacks, Recruitment Partner, c: 310.924.9049, e: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE COMPANY: inVia Robotics (www.inviarobotics.com)
Founded in February of 2015, inVia Robotics is a pioneer in RaaS (robotics-as-a-service) and a market leader in commerce robotics. With a patented mobile robotic platform that changes the way e-Commerce business gets done, the company is poised to be a leader in the warehouse and logistics automation space.
The inVia Dynamic AS/RS is the evolution of goods to person fulfillment, working collaboratively with your human operators to maximize the productivity of every hour and dollar.
inVia Robotics’ technologies will power the future of order fulfillment.
· Organic, initial interest from the industry for inVia Robotics’ one of a kind cost savings solutions for the industry.
· In 2015 there was over $350 billion in U.S. online retail sales and it’s expected to grow to over $500 billion in 2018 according to Forrester Research.
· Globally, consumer online shopping is expected to surpass $2.5 trillion in 2017.
· inVia Robotics’ solution can save companies and warehouse operations over 50% in labor cost to pick and pack goods.
Do you want to be on the leading edge of the next wave of technology? Keep reading…
THE OPPORTUNITY: MECHANICAL ENGINEER
inVia Robotics is looking for a sharp Mechanical Engineer that will be responsible for designing mechanical systems and electronics packaging and documentation of electro-mechanical parts and assemblies for robotic equipment.
This is truly a unique opportunity to be incredibly impactful to a growing business with a proven solution that will change industry standards.
- Extensive experience designing physical robot mechanisms and producing manufacturing drawings.
- The ideal candidate will also be very comfortable interfacing with manufacturers to ensure parts are produced to specification.
- Research, design, and develop new robotic/mechanical features and products for manufacture.
- Integrate mechanical & electrical components / systems into overall product design.
- Operate with a high level of autonomy while still seeking input from other team members as well as procurement, assembly, operations and partners to meet requirements.
- Prepare electro-mechanical documentation/drawings for parts and assemblies.
- Interact with subcontract manufacturers to ensure correct and timely parts/assemblies.
- Interface with electronics design engineer for program and electrical design requirements for electro-mechanical design.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE: REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS/ATTRIBUTES
- EDUCATION: BS degree in mechanical/mechatronics or related field required. MS/PhD in these fields and/or robotics highly preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: 5-7+ years of hands on experience with robotics, mechanical or mechatronics.
- Extensive experience generating mechanical design layouts in 3D CAD format using Autodesk Inventor.
- Testing and validation of designs to ensure they meet the necessary requirements and specifications under expected usage conditions.
- Work with CNC machining/prototyping a plus.
WHY inVia Robotics?
· Salary + competitive/aggressive commissions + equity.
· An opportunity to work closely with the founding team leading the drive for sales and revenue.
· Be a part of the next technology wave that will power the next generation of ecommerce fulfillment.