Business Development Representative
Culver City, CA
POSITION: Business Development Representative
REPORTS TO: CRO / Co-Founder
LOCATION: Culver City | West LA
CONTACT: Senior Associate, Manon Newell, e. firstname.lastname@example.org, m. 323-829-3619
THE COMPANY: https://www.openpath.com/
You know smart homes. Now think smart offices.
Openpath is here to “kill the keycard”. Founded in 2016 and launched onto the market in May 2018, Openpath Access combines sleek hardware with an app, enabling employees to enter the office using their smartphones and making office management easier than ever. This is a world-class team of proven startup veterans with multiple exits, top-notch technologists and NSA-level security experts leading the modernization of the workplace with a new industry-leading platform that streamline access while tightening security. Openpath allows employees to enter their work space by simply tapping a reader.
We are always looking for smart and hard working people who are passionate about building and being part of a fast growing start-up.
· Be part of a company “innovating the long-stagnant $6B access control industry.”
· Led by proven serial entrepreneurs with a track record of scaling successful global enterprise technology companies.
· Raised $7M Series A led by Upfront Ventures, Sorenson Ventures, Bonfire Ventures, Pritzker Group Venture Capital and Fika Ventures.
· Raised $20M Series B
THE OPPORTUNITY: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
The role of the Business Development Representative is to actively source and close business. This individual will spend about 50% of their time taking inbound leads and guiding them through the sales cycle, which includes phone calls, web demos, and working with channel partners to win business. The other 50% will be spent sourcing business via outbound efforts within a defined territory, and guiding these prospects through the sales cycle.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with CRM systems such as Salesforce. This is an opportunity join an early stage startup and work closely with a group of proven serial entrepreneurs with numerous exits and a track record of success.
What you’ll do & more...
· Respond to inbound customer inquiries (live chat, email, phone) in your territory
· Make outbound calls to targeted end customers and new reseller partners
· Lead web demos with prospects you source
· Manage accounts post-sale to grow account/ensure client and partner satisfaction
· Strategically work with Regional Sales Manager to grow business and achieve team quota
· Utilize Salesforce.com to manage leads/accounts, opportunity pipeline, tasks, and log customer activity.
· Build and maintain relationships with our reseller partners
What skills and experience do you bring?
· EDUCATION: BA/BS highly preferred. Will consider those with proven experience.
· 2-3 years of sales experience with a SAAS based platform, inclusive of a monthly/annual fee. Experience with physical hardware/running wires/security systems preferred.
· Can operate in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
· Highly organized, can juggle multiple competing priorities and tasks.
· The desire to join an early stage startup in a rapid growth stage.
· Ability to work office hours that would cover an Eastern Standard Time territory
Still reading? Please reach out directly to Manon Newell at email@example.com . My cell is 323-829-3619.