Director of Finance
POSITION:Director of Finance
LOCATION: West Los Angeles
CONTACT:Jesse Sacks, Recruiting Partner, e. email@example.com, c. 310.924.9049
THE COMPANY: FIGS (www.wearfigs.com)
FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world, and by being the first company to sell directly to medical professionals through our branded e-Commerce site. FIGS foundation is built on quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas; fabric, fit and function. By offering a branded and consumer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their work wear.
· We are a certified B Corp and our Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. To date, FIGS has donated scrubs in over 28 countries around the world
· We have raised $10M from a great group of tech investors including Thomas Tull (board member), Mohr Davidow Ventures, 500 Startups, John Fisher, Steve Tisch, Peter Morton, John Howard and Will Smith.
· There are ~25M medical professionals in the US alone. The average professional owns ~20 pairs of scrubs and purchases 10-12 sets per year.
THE OPPORTUNITY: DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
As FIGS’ Director of Finance, you will be responsible for managing both the finance and accounting functions. Your work will include budget preparation and financial modeling, financial reporting and statement analysis, systems implementation, and ad hoc strategic analyses. In addition, you will be responsible for overseeing FIGS’ accounting team. The ideal person is highly analytical with the strategic insight to lead a growing e-Commerce company and make high-impact recommendations.
· Lead the company’s forecasting and budgeting processes for the entire P&L. Collaborate with FIGS’ Production, Marketing, and Operations teams to develop both short-term and long-term forecasts.
· Lead all cash flow planning and management.
· Develop robust scenario analyses.
· Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and relevant supporting schedules.
· Partner with accounting team to complete month- and year-end close. Analyze results versus plan and partner with cross-functional teams to understand, explain, and improve variances to plan.
· Assess opportunities to drive improved financial performance and communicate recommendations to President and CEO.
· Lead all financial reporting to investors.
· Oversee accounting staff and accounting operations including billing, A/R, A/P, GL, cost accounting, inventory accounting, revenue recognition, tax collection and payments.
· Develop and document internal finance and accounting controls.
· Support the implementation of an ERP system and any other finance- and accounting-related systems.
· Assist the President and CEO with strategic ad hoc reporting and analyses as needed.
· EDUCATION: BS/BA in finance or accounting. MBA strongly preferred.
· EXPERIENCE: 5+ years in a finance or accounting leadership role, preferably at an apparel or e-Commerce company.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with highly motivated team members.
· Advanced knowledge of inventory costing.
· Strong self-discipline and work ethic, able to hit the ground running without a large supporting finance team.
· Experience in inventory planning and analysis.
· Expert user of QuickBooks and Shopify.
· Strong experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis.
· Experience managing accounting staff.
FIGS is the solution to a $50B industry that is highly antiquated, fragmented and driven by low-cost and low quality providers. Our team is small (but growing rapidly) so each team member will have an opportunity to make a large contribution very quickly. Each FIGS employee is dedicated to our goal of providing the highest quality of product to medical professionals. We stand for innovation, we are entrepreneurs and we’re passionate about making an impact.