Manager, Merchandise Planning & Analysis
POSITION:Manager, Merchandise Planning & Analysis
LOCATION: Playa Vista
CONTACT:Jesse Sacks, Recruiting Partner, e. firstname.lastname@example.org, c. 310.924.9049
THE COMPANY: MVMT (www.mvmtwatches.com)
MVMT (pronounced movement) was founded on the belief that style shouldn’t break the bank. Their goal is to change the way consumers think about fashion by offering high-quality minimalist products at revolutionary prices. With over 1,000,000 watches sold to customers in 160+ countries around the world, MVMT has solidified itself as the world’s fastest growing watch company.
· MVMT began as one of the most successful INDIEGOGO campaigns of 2013, raising 1,466% of their original goal.
· The MVMT team’s innovative approach to social selling targeted at millennial audiences has gained traction, even prompting them to be used as a case study by industry leaders.
· The success of our founders Jake and Kramer has landed them on Forbes and Inc.’s 30 Under 30 lists.
THE OPPORTUNITY: MANAGER, MERCHANDISE PLANNING & ANALYSIS
MVMT is seeking an experienced leader to manage their inventory ordering process and to lead analysis of product performance. The Manager of Merchandise Planning & Analysis will fill a crucial role in partnering with the marketing, design, finance, operations, and ecommerce teams to improve inventory metrics and customer selection. This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved at the ground floor of building out procurement processes across multiple sales channels for an interesting, innovative, and quickly growing global brand.
- Assist in managing the Company’s financial success by meeting sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment (GMROI), and inventory turn goals.
- Analyze historical data and current trends to ensure proper inventory levels by category, product line, and SKU.
- Participate in formulation of pre-season strategies as well as financial sales and inventory plans.
- Recap and review actual sales performance weekly/monthly to plan and forecast.
- Work cross-functionally to optimize SKU mix against on-hand inventory to ‘promote’ overstocked SKUs and ‘demote’ potential stock outs on MVMT’s website.
- Ensure proper modeling and system infrastructure to scale merchandising for a high-growth, multi-channel brand.
- Drive complex business analysis that identifies opportunities for category expansion and insights on product trends.
- Partner with global distribution network to incorporate pre-booked orders into overall company procurement plans.
- Manage distributors’ product assortment and ensure distribution performance informs future buy decisions.
- Implement in-transit inventory reporting to ensure compliance with international distributor SLAs for PO fulfillment.
- Participate in pricing/discounting strategy for existing and new SKUs and product categories.
- Develop liquidation strategy for slow-moving or overstocked products, leveraging internal and external sales channels.
- Participate in multi-location inventory roll-out and manage inventory levels by location with operations and supply chain leaders.
- Oversee inventory transfer process between fulfillment centers and potential future brick and mortar sales locations.
- Develop open PO database and partner with finance team for future payment planning.
- EDUCATION: BS/BA, preferably in supply chain, business or analytical field.
- EXPERIENCE: 8+ years of progressive merchandising experience, ideally including startup experience at a direct to consumer ecommerce brand
- Proven track record of driving product performance, including sell-through rates and inventory turns
- Experience building supplier relationships and managing new order process in a changing retail landscape
- Wholesale/distribution experience for a global brand is a plus
- Experience managing inventory levels for brick and mortar stores is a plus
- Prior involvement in pricing new products and product categories
- A strong leader who inspires others and knows how to motivate peers
- Strong project management experience and analytical/excel skills
- Candidate must be based in the Los Angeles office
You’ll probably be happy here if:
- You love working collaboratively
- You thrive in fast paced environments
- You are high energy and low ego
- You are comfortable giving feedback and receiving constructive criticism
- You have a strong bias for action. You hustle and can’t imagine leaving for tomorrow what could be done today.
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves to complete decision-driving analyses, but you can also get your hands dirty with the everyday tasks that keep the company running.
- You have a positive attitude and a desire to learn and have fun
MVMT is a company that has grown from an IndieGoGo campaign to revenues of 70M+ in just four years, all while remaining independent. We are a fast moving, direct to consumer organization that is committed to delivering world-class style at affordable prices. MVMT is poised to re-invigorate the watch and sunglass industry by creating a product that resonates with the same millennial audience we are a part of. We offer extremely competitive compensation and benefits packages, along with the opportunity to learn and grow in a rapidly expanding market. Join the MVMT.