Director of Supply Chain Operations
La Jolla, CA
Pura Vida Bracelets
POSITION: Director of Supply Chain Operations
REPORTING TO: CFO/Founder
LOCATION: La Jolla, CA
THE COMPANY: Pura Vida Bracelets (www.puravidabracelets.com)
Founded in the summer of 2010 during a surf trip to Costa Rica, Griffin Thall and Paul Goodman met two bracelet artisans, Jorge & Joaquin and formed Pura Vida Bracelets, a partnership that today, spans the globe with bracelets worn by millions.
“Pura Vida” means “pure life” in Spanish, a Costa Rican philosophy that encourages the appreciation of life’s simple treasures. Slowing things down, celebrating good fortune, and living life to the fullest… It’s more than just a saying... it’s a lifestyle.
· Self-funded, with no outside investors.
· Company provides full-times jobs, in positive working environments to 150+ artisans worldwide.
· Every Pura Vida product is carefully handcrafted.
· Since the beginning, the company has partnered with over 190 different charities around the world and has donated more than $1.5M to charitable causes.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Director of Supply Chain Operations
The company is looking for an experienced, hands-on and self-directed leader to own the supply chain operations. The position will effectively manage all aspects of purchasing, production planning and scheduling, inventory control, shipping and receiving with current 3PL. In addition to the day-to-day operations, the position will be an integral part of the leadership team.
- Design and execute strategies and plans to meet the company’s growth and financial goals.
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with vendors, service providers and organizational team members to fulfill customer orders and meet expected delivery dates and service level requirements.
- Own the direct sourcing activities, vendor relations, purchase order placement and inventory analytics.
- Coordinate all purchase orders, maintain shipping dates, and timely delivery of all inventory.
- Develop and execute plans to improve quality, throughput, supply security/continuity, price, and reduce lead times.
- Ensure the alignment of the raw materials management strategy with the business strategies driving sales, finance and manufacturing.
- Understand and drive continuous improvements to the processes and output of master resources planning, capacity management and advanced planning system to support thousands of orders daily.
- Manage inventory levels to minimize cost of working capital and management of warehouse space.
- Direct the processes of identifying, minimizing, liquidating, or disposition of obsolete inventory. Plan, lead, and successfully execute year-end inventory.
- Demonstrate the ability to consistently deliver products and customer service to meet customer’s needs.
- Create rolling forecasts to be used for ordering and inventory management purposes.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Be the single point of contact for 3PL provider.
- EDUCATION: BA/BS Degree strongly preferred (will consider those with proven experience).
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience responsible for the planning, procurement and materials/supply chain management of a fast growing e-commerce (retail) and wholesale brand.
- Able to effectively own the relationship with external service providers.
- Have an in-depth understanding of high volume, direct to consumer businesses driven by paid media.
- Excellent systems knowledge of Full Circle or similar ERP/MRP, Microsoft Excel.
- Proven leadership ability to influence, motivate and collaborate across all functional teams.
- A self-directed professional who knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
- Dependable, highly motivated hands-on manager who thrives in a ‘self-driven’, highly accountable work environment.
- Able to travel as needed, domestic and international up to 10%.
WHY PURA VIDA BRACELETS?
· Competitive base salary + bonus.
· Work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment for a cause!
· 401(k) Plan
· Health Benefits
· Weekly Catered Meals
· Monthly Happy Hours/Events