Acquisition Marketing Manager
THE COMPANY: JibJab Media Inc (http://www.jibjab.com)
JibJab is a leading digital entertainment studio based in Los Angeles, California. From its flagship political and social satires, ecards and messages, to its kids and family brands, StoryBots®, the company has been innovating online entertainment since its founding in 1999. Today, the company includes over 80 world-class artists, technologists and business people working hard in pursuit of a mission to make billions of people happy.
Brothers Evan and Gregg Spiridellis founded JibJab out of a Brooklyn garage in 1999. Then 4 years later achieved ‘overnight success’ with their George W Bush and Sen John Kerry parody video This Land. This hit was seen on every continent on Earth bar Antarctica and even made it to the International Space Station on NASA’s request. JibJab have been scaling ever since and shifted to a paid subscription model in 2007, prompting further investment including a $7.5M round in 2009. For the last 8 years JibJab have continued to scale profitability negating the need for further investment and providing a stable base for long term business growth. JibJab have also been scaling transactions in excess of 2010’s 1M paid transactions per year. Check out the full story here: https://blog.jibjab.com/history/
JibJab is on the hunt for an Acquisition Marketing Manager to join the Marketing team as their latest JibJabber. Reporting into the Director of Business Intelligence & Strategy, this role will be responsible for the launch, management and optimization of digital campaigns across Paid Search, Social, Display and (especially) Mobile acquisition channels. This is an opportunity for a heavily Paid Acquisition focused marketer with strong appreciation for data driven decisions to own their domain.
- Responsible for all performance marketing responsibilities associated with variety of user acquisition, conversation rate optimization and direct response marketing channels including:
- Digital: Paid Search, Paid Acquisition, Social, Display, Mobile and more.
- Traditional/Offline: Television, Radio, Print Advertising/Mailers and more.
- Monitor the marketplace, competitive landscape, industry trends, and third party data sources to constantly identify new marketing opportunities. Test new channels to scale growth for the business in new and existing markets.
- Work closely with agency, marketing, creative and other teams to execute coordinated strategic campaigns.
- Work closely with design and copywriting on digital asset creation as needed.
- Closely monitor, measure and report on campaign performance and conduct ad hoc campaign/channel analysis; forecast and monitor customer behavior and lifetime value across various campaign segments; run daily and weekly marketing performance reports; execute ad hoc analyses, as needed, to uncover strategic marketing opportunities.
- Optimize ROI using data, metrics (daily, weekly reporting) and experimentation, including working with design, marketing and product to test web/mobile products and funnel optimizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Mathematics or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience with digital marketing, SEM, social media marketing and web analytics.
- In depth knowledge of major paid social media platforms and how to leverage for growth (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram).
- Strength in A/B testing using tools such as Optimizely and Localytics.
- Expert in Excel and capable of managing large datasets. Skills in Google Analytics, Tableau and SQL scripting would also be great.
- Past success with analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions and adjusting strategy accordingly.
- Self-directed, able to create a plan, prioritize initiatives, and both execute independently and in collaboration with others.
- Clear communicator, able to convey complicated information and concepts in a simple and actionable way.
WHY JIBJAB: Benefits & Perks
JibJab is not just looking for an employee. We are looking for core team members to help us build industry leading (and hilarious) content products. So, if you are passionate about your job and what to help build a business that makes people laugh, join us! We’d love to hear from you.
· Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits
· Down-to-earth, genuinely nice, and wickedly smart team of colleagues
· Casual, fun, work-hard/play-hard environment
· Free laundry service – yes, you read that right!
· Slides. Three big, steep slides. Whee!
· Bagel Mondays, dog friendly environment, arcade games, ping pong and a whole lot more!