Application Developer – Training Services
THE OPPORTUNITY: APPLICATION DEVELOPER - TRAINING SERVICES
At Esri, we believe you should never stop learning, no matter how long you have been out of school. Leveraging professional and technical development courses, the Employee Development and Training team fosters a learning environment throughout the company. We are always thinking about how we can create a workplace that allows our employees to grow personally and professionally.
In this role, you will build and support the internal applications that support our training team. The Training Department is a fast-paced environment that depends on several business technologies to produce training materials.
- Envision, design, and develop internal applications and system architectures for the Training Department.
- Partner with IST to integrate our interfaces with enterprise business applications and security infrastructure.
- Integrate applications with off-the-shelf web and print authoring tools, SharePoint, and Learning Content Management System (LCMS) products.
- Engage our content staff on requirements gathering for new software.
- Build system architectures to support multiple training applications.
- EDUCATION: Degree in computer science.
- ·EXPERIENCE: 5+ years of experience with Visual C#, .NET, and ASP.NET MVC architecture.
- At least 2 years of experience designing application and enterprise system architectures including
- At least 2 years of experience using HTML, DOM, CSS, event model, and cross-browser development.
- At least 2 years of experience using SAML 2.0 or other security standards.
- At least 1 year of experience with Microsoft Web API development.
- At least 2 years of experience with API development.
- Familiarity with SharePoint integration.
- Familiarity with database and web server maintenance
- Experienced in working with business-critical systems like ERP, CRM, DAM and PIM solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of end users in a professional manner.
- Client focused and a genuine desire to assist end users and resolve problems.
- Self-organized and motivated team player with a demonstrated ability to achieve objectives.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Familiarity with full and hybrid Agile development methodologies.
- Experience in a training environment or an enterprise software company.
Our culture is anything but corporate—we have a collaborative, creative environment; phone directories organized by first name; a relaxed dress code; and open-door policies.
A Place to Thrive
· Passionate people who strive to make a difference
· Casual dress code
· Flexible work schedules
· Support for continuing education
· A network of buildings amid lush landscaping and numerous outdoor patio areas
· On-site café including a Starbucks coffee bar and lounge area
· Fitness center available 24/7
· Comprehensive reference library and GIS bibliography
· State-of-the-art conference center to host staff and guest speakers
· Solar rooftop panels reduce carbon emissions
· Electric vehicles provide on-campus transportation
· Hundreds of trees reduce the cost of cooling buildings
· Incentives for employees who walk, bike, or carpool to work
· California-grown produce available for purchase in Esri Café