Software Architect - Learning Management Systems
THE OPPORTUNITY: SOFTWARE ARCHITECT
At Esri, we believe you should never stop learning, no matter how long you have been out of school. Leveraging professional and technical development courses, the Employee Development and Training team fosters a learning environment throughout the company. We are always thinking about how we can create a workplace that allows our employees to grow personally and professionally.
In this role, you will design and build applications that support Training Services. The Training Services Department is a fast-paced environment that depends on multiple business technologies to produce and deliver training materials. We have several interconnected applications that enable effective development and delivery of training. Your role will be to understand all our technologies and workflows and design software and system architectures that integrate them seamlessly.
- Design and implement a Learning Content Management System (LCMS) that supports multiple authoring tools and our Content Curation system.
- Partner with Esri’s IT department to integrate our applications with SAML 2.0 authentication infrastructure.
- Build flexible, layered architecture that provides services to other applications.
- Tune applications for optimal performance.
- Envision, design, and develop new applications and software architectures for the Training Department and Esri customers.
- Work with our training content development staff to gather requirements for new software application development projects.
- Stay up to date with current software technologies and practices.
- Motivate, mentor and train developers on the team, improving the quality of their work and optimizing their performance.
- EDUCATION: Master’s degree in computer science.
- EXPERIENCE: 8+ years of technology experience, concepting, architecting, developing and supporting enterprise grade software environments.
- At least 5 years of experience designing application and enterprise system architectures including hands on experience with Microsoft technologies: .NET, ASP.NET, MVC architecture, and C#.
- At least 2 years of experience using SAML 2.0 or other security standards.
- At least 2 years of experience with API development.
- 1+ years of unit and integration testing.
- Experienced in integrations with other business critical systems like ERP, CRM, DAM and PIM.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of end users in a professional manner.
- Client focused and a genuine desire to assist end users and resolve problems.
- Self-organized and motivated team player with a demonstrated ability to achieve objectives.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Familiarity with full and hybrid Agile development methodologies.
- Experience in a training environment or an enterprise software company.
Our culture is anything but corporate—we have a collaborative, creative environment; phone directories organized by first name; a relaxed dress code; and open-door policies.
A Place to Thrive
· Passionate people who strive to make a difference
· Casual dress code
· Flexible work schedules
· Support for continuing education
· A network of buildings amid lush landscaping and numerous outdoor patio areas
· On-site café including a Starbucks coffee bar and lounge area
· Fitness center available 24/7
· Comprehensive reference library and GIS bibliography
· State-of-the-art conference center to host staff and guest speakers
· Solar rooftop panels reduce carbon emissions
· Electric vehicles provide on-campus transportation
· Hundreds of trees reduce the cost of cooling buildings
· Incentives for employees who walk, bike, or carpool to work
· California-grown produce available for purchase in Esri Café