General Manager (LA)
POSITION: General Manager - LA
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
CONTACT: Victoria Wang, Recruiting Partner, m. 817.733.9158, e. firstname.lastname@example.org
THE COMPANY: Ritual.co (www.ritual.co)
Ritual is a social ordering app that taps into networks of co-workers and colleagues for fast and easy pick up and pay at a wide variety of local restaurants and coffee shops. Think of this as the modern day, tech-enabled ‘coffee run.’
THE OPPORTUNITY: General Manager - LA
As the GM, you are the chief executive of your market, ultimately responsible for operations, customer and merchant experience, and the growth of the business in one of the major cities globally. This means that local partnerships, marketing, service quality management, social media & PR are all in scope and the GM possesses a solid understanding of the local market.
The role will also work closely with product/engineering to roll out new features & improvements. The mixture of analytical ability, creative skills, leadership and hustle makes the GM position a challenging, but incredibly rewarding role.
- Completely own the growth of Ritual’s business, growth and presence in Los Angeles.
- This includes not only building, managing and leading the team but the growth of revenue and order volume.
- Effectively manage and grow the market P&L.
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns.
- Manage deployment and quality of supply (i.e. merchant partners).
- Represent Ritual at local events and with local PR as appropriate.
- Analyze business data to assess performance of growth campaigns and user engagement.
- Work with product/engineering teams at HQ to improve product and processes.
- Help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE: QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS/PERSONA
- EDUCATION: BA/BS required. MBA highly preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: 5-7+ years of operations and sales experience in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment.
- Hustle and hunger, coupled with a ruthless dedication to results.
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen.
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking.
- Creative solutions-driven mindset, with a “get things done” attitude.
- Entrepreneurial and fearless personality who thrives in startup-oriented, fast-paced, environments.
- A self-directed professional who knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
- Can confidently grow and manage a business with a focus on results needing little to no supervision.
- Above all, hold the highest levels of integrity and ethics.
- Competitive salaries – willing to pay top of market for top talent.
- Every Ritual employee is offered equity and becomes a shareholder.
- Health coverage & life insurance plans to fit your needs.
- Flexible vacation policy – work hard and take time off when you need it.
- Ritual credits provided each month for coffees and lunches at the best spots around you.
- Work with truly world class peers in a super-fun office.
- Be at the heart of the growth startup community.