POSITION: Jr. Copywriter
REPORTS TO:Sr. Designer / Art Lead
LOCATION: Playa Vista
THE COMPANY: MVMT (www.mvmtwatches.com)
MVMT (pronounced movement) was founded on the belief that style shouldn’t break the bank. Their goal is to change the way consumers think about fashion by offering high-quality minimalist products at revolutionary prices. With over 1,000,000 watches sold to customers in 160+ countries around the world, MVMT has solidified itself as the world’s fastest growing watch company.
· MVMT began as one of the most successful INDIEGOGO campaigns of 2013, raising 1,466% of their original goal.
· The MVMT team’s innovative approach to social selling targeted at millennial audiences has gained traction, even prompting them to be used as a case study by industry leaders.
· The success of our founders Jake and Kramer has landed them on Forbes and Inc.’s 30 Under 30 lists.
THE OPPORTUNITY: COPYWRITER
MVMT is looking for a creative and enthusiastic Jr. Copywriter to join their LA-based team. This full-time role will shape and hone the voice of one of the fastest growing e-commerce brands. From email newsletters to the MVMT website, this position will work directly with MVMT’s creative lead and cross-functionally with Email Marketing, Social Media, Influencer Marketing, and Brand Marketing to support brand creative across digital and traditional channels including website, e-commerce, social media, email marketing, and more.
· Create on brand, concise, and grammatically correct copy for projects across social, email blasts and newsletters, blog posts, website, product and e-commerce, press releases, paid media, and more.
· Develop and hone brand voice and narrative, owning the MVMT presence across all digital and traditional marketing materials.
· Work closely with design and creative teams to generate copy and stay on message with seasonal inspiration and messaging.
· Develop and maintain brand guidelines book to cover all copy and brand voice efforts.
- EDUCATION: BS/BA, preferably in English, marketing communications, writing, or journalism preferred
- EXPERIENCE: 2+ years of copywriting or digital marketing experience, especially within the brand, start-up, or e-commerce worlds.
- Strong understanding of brand voice and tone, and how it translates across a spectrum of audiences, all the while knowing intimately the nuances to particular channels and platforms.
- Excellent writing skills and strong attention to detail regarding tone, grammar, and spelling.
- Knowledge of cultural trends in retail, fashion, beauty, culture, and media.
- Well versed across digital media platforms including email, website, e-commerce, and social channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Snapchat, Pinterest, and more).
- Ability to creatively problem solve.
- Superhero-esque time management skills and ability to juggle competing priorities with ease.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and support small tasks to help out the company when necessary.
- Love for startups, fashion, and being a self-starter.
- SEO and SEM experience a big plus.
MVMT is a company that has grown from an IndieGoGo campaign to revenues of 60M+ in just three years, all while remaining independent. We are a fast moving, direct to consumer organization that is committed to delivering world-class style at affordable prices. MVMT is poised to re-invigorate the watch industry by creating a product that resonates with the same millennial audience we are a part of. We offer extremely competitive compensation and benefits packages, along with the opportunity to learn and grow in a rapidly expanding market. Join the MVMT.
· Rock solid medical, vision, and dental plans with 401(k) options
· Weekly in-office meditations
· Monthly in-office power yoga
· Catered lunch twice a week
· Fully stocked snack wall with lots of La Croix