Software Engineer, Web
THE OPPORTUNITY: SOFTWARE ENGINEER, WEB
The Features team supports two major properties: Nordstromrack.com and HauteLook. The team is focused on adding new features and simplifying existing features. They are also committed to consistently improving browser performance.
· Design, code and ship significant new functionality for the HauteLook and Nordstromrack.com websites.
· Use React.js to build a very fast browser experience.
· Collaborate with Product Management to release new features that resonate with our customers.
· Partner with Search and Services teams to design and consume hypermedia JSON responses.
THE REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS/PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
· EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
· EXPERIENCE: 2-4+ years of professional software development experience.
· Has successfully built and released a core business application and has learned from failures along the way.
· Can design pragmatic software solutions that meet deadlines without making the code a mess.
· In-depth knowledge of React, Ember or Angular. Preferably more than one of them so you understand the trade-offs each framework makes.
· Very comfortable with node.js and modern web development tooling such as webpack, Gulp, Broccoli and Grunt.
· Proficient CSS skills. Preferably with experience using SASS, LESS or PostCSS. We do not expect creative design skills, but you have to be able to build a webpage from a comp.
· Groks HTTP, including REST, caching and other semantics.
We’ve got you covered…
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, a profit-sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job.
Still reading? Reach out directly to Mark Ray at email@example.com.