REPORTS TO:VP of Operations
LOCATION: West Los Angeles
CONTACT:Jesse Sacks, Recruiting Partner, e. email@example.com, c. 310.924.9049
THE COMPANY: FIGS (www.wearfigs.com)
FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world, and by being the first company to sell directly to medical professionals through our branded e-Commerce site. FIGS foundation is built on quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas; fabric, fit and function. By offering a branded and consumer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their work wear.
· We are a certified B Corp and our Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. To date, FIGS has donated scrubs in over 28 countries around the world
· We have raised $10M from a great group of tech investors including Thomas Tull (board member), Mohr Davidow Ventures, 500 Startups, John Fisher, Steve Tisch, Peter Morton, John Howard and Will Smith.
· There are ~25M medical professionals in the US alone. The average professional owns ~20 pairs of scrubs and purchases 10-12 sets per year.
THE OPPORTUNITY: INVENTORY PLANNER
As FIGS’ Inventory Planner, you will be responsible for analyzing SKU-level sales performance, forecasting inventory needs, and managing inventory purchases to optimize FIGS’ in-stock levels. This role will interact with FIGS’ Design, Production, Marketing, and Operations teams in an effort to increase revenue, margin and improve inventory productivity. Due to this high level of cross-departmental exposure, this person must have an innate ability to adapt to change and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Analyze sales and margin performance and identify trends at the style, color, and size level.
· Using results of sales performance analyses and input from FIGS’ Design, Production, and Marketing teams, develop inventory forecast and purchasing plans at the style, color, and size level.
· Create purchase orders for review by FIGS’ leadership team and communicate cost and margin.
· Issue purchase orders to factories and partner with Production team to monitor status of purchase orders.
· Partner with freight forwarder to ensure that FIGS’ shipments are transported on time and on budget.
· Regularly communicate and problem solve with vendors.
· Monitor daily and weekly sales, purchase order activity, and incoming deliveries to best serve FIGS’ inventory needs.
· Partner with Marketing to recommend promotional strategies for merchandise based on delivery dates, sales results, and planned product life span.
· Partner with Operations to coordinate inventory donations for threads for threads™ initiative.
· Complete ad hoc sales performance and inventory analyses as needed.
· EDUCATION: BS/BA in any field.
· EXPERIENCE: 2-4 years of planning experience for an e-commerce company that sells apparel.
· Outstanding analytical capabilities and attention to detail.
· Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a timely manner.
· Experience with an e-commerce platform (Magento, Shopify, Big Commerce, etc.)
· Ability to objectively interpret historical sales and inventory data, and extract meaningful themes that advise future business strategies.
· Extremely flexible and adaptive to changing priorities.
· Creative, open-minded and entrepreneurial spirit.
· Strong communication skills; comfortable addressing all levels within the organization.
· Expert user of Microsoft Excel; must be able to perform vlookups, create pivot tables, etc.
FIGS is the solution to a $50B industry that is highly antiquated, fragmented and driven by low-cost and low quality providers. Our team is small (but growing rapidly) so each team member will have an opportunity to make a large contribution very quickly. Each FIGS employee is dedicated to our goal of providing the highest quality of product to medical professionals. We stand for innovation, we are entrepreneurs and we’re passionate about making an impact.