Greenlots maintains a broad customer base including Utilities, municipalities and C&I business owners. The System Validation Engineer will be responsible for validating the Greenlots' System and components including EV Chargers, battery systems and other embedded energy management technologies. The engineer will join a team focused on creating and validating algorithms to operate a multi-technology energy platform consisting of EV charging, energy storage, renewable generation and site automation. This role will report to the Director of Engineering.
The System Validation Engineer will be responsible for validating the Greenlots' embedded energy management technologies. The engineer will join a team focused on creating and validating algorithms to operate a multi-technology energy platform consisting of EV charging, energy storage, renewable generation and site automation.
- Develop validation and test plans for energy management algorithms in embedded devices
- Create automated test fixtures in both hardware and simulation environments
- Design and perform test cases from requirements, defects, and industrial standards to achieve thorough test coverage
- Participate in all aspects of the product development process with emphasis on end-to-end system validation
- Lead efforts to obtain and maintain open standard certifications (Sunspec, OpenADR, MESA, etc.)
- Interface with 3rd party laboratories to obtain product certifications.
- Maintain internal testing and validation equipment.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or electrical engineering required.
- 5+ years of experience working in a product development environment
- C/C++, Scripting, Linux, Networking experience
- Hands-on experience in hardware-in-the-loop testing
- Experience developing an automatic testing suite
- Fast pace learner and self-starter
- Experience with energy storage, EV and electrical distribution preferred
- Knowledge of software requirements, architecture and documentation
- Knowledge of code maintenance, coding standards, and version control
- Work in an agile (SCRUM) engineering environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, collaborative skills, and cross-functional interface skills
- Effective communication of project results in written reports and presentations
- Ability to solve problems by identifying root causes, analyzing possible solutions, and taking appropriate action