Director of Digital Marketing
The Baby Box Company
POSITION:Director of Digital Marketing
REPORTS TO:VP, Product & Strategy
CONTACT:Jesse Sacks, Recruiting Partner, e. email@example.com, c. 310.924.9049
THE COMPANY: The Baby Box Company (www.babyboxco.com)
Since 1938, new parents in Finland have been sent home from the hospital with one unique, yet simple gift: A cardboard box. Filled with newborn essentials, the boxes are also designed to be a baby’s first bed. Combined with pre-natal and post-natal care and education, the boxes are credited with drastically reducing infant mortality. The Baby Box Co. is an innovative educational program equipping parents with resources to give their babies a safe start in life.
· The baby box was invented in Finland, which has one of the lowest infant mortality rates in the world.
· Starting as an e-commerce business, The Baby Box Co. has evolved to wholesale and are now reimagining themselves as a free online education platform for parents, Baby Box University.
· Baby Box Co. has garnered serious attention by distributing FREE baby boxes with safe and useful products to parents in certain markets, a program that will continue to expand.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Director of Digital Marketing
We are looking for a hands on Director of Digital Marketing who will be responsible for both development and execution of a user acquisition and retention marketing strategy for The Baby Box Company. This person will be responsible for building marketing programs from the ground up, with a primary focus on Baby Box University and our free Baby Box program. You will need to test and optimize different acquisition and retention channels and campaigns to acquire users at a cost-effective rate, and move users through the funnel to drive ongoing engagement.
· Design and manage user acquisition strategy and execution from end to end, including metrics and ROI tracking.
· Facilitate the development and managing of testing platforms and models.
· Manage a budget and maximize ROI on marketing spend.
· Manage paid advertising and media buys across all relevant online channels, including traditional display, search, video, and social.
· Think innovatively around offline direct marketing channels and incorporate into the media mix if effective.
· Work with our program team to drive user acquisition through our program partners.
· Partner with product team to optimize digital experience for conversion.
· Develop lifecycle marketing campaigns to move users through funnel and bring them back to Baby Box University.
· EDUCATION: BS/BA, preferably in marketing, business or analytical field.
· EXPERIENCE: 4-6+ years of digital marketing experience.
· Expert strategic and tactical execution knowledge of SEM, display advertising, and social media marketing.
· Expertise in automated, data driven email programs to drive conversion and retention and in ecommerce lifecycle marketing.
· Exceptional analytical capabilities and data-driven mindset.
· Experience in building a user acquisition and retention marketing program from scratch.
· Expert level knowledge of Google Analytics.
· Software platform vendor selection and implementation experience preferred.
· Working knowledge of SQL is preferred.
· Basic knowledge of HTML is preferred.
WHY Baby Box Company?
Our team is committed to taking a socially impactful, mission driven approach to our goal of providing every infant with a safe sleep space, and every parent with high-quality products and educational resources they need to properly care for their child. Fresh off a significant round of venture funding, Baby Box Co. is expanding rapidly and looking for impact team players. We offer extremely competitive salaries, a vibrant work environment and a common goal.