Robotics Engineer (Perception)
POSITION: Robotics Engineer (Perception)
REPORTS TO: CTO
LOCATION:Agoura Hills, CA
CONTACT: Jesse Sacks, Recruitment Partner, c: 310.924.9049, e: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE COMPANY: inVia Robotics (www.inviarobotics.com)
Founded in February of 2015, inVia Robotics is a pioneer in RaaS (robotics-as-a-service) and a market leader in commerce robotics. With a patented mobile robotic platform that changes the way e-Commerce business gets done, the company is poised to be a leader in the warehouse and logistics automation space.
The inVia Dynamic AS/RS is the evolution of goods to person fulfillment, working collaboratively with your human operators to maximize the productivity of every hour and dollar.
inVia Robotics’ technologies will power the future of order fulfillment.
· Organic, initial interest from the industry for inVia Robotics’ one of a kind cost savings solutions for the industry.
· In 2015 there was over $350 billion in U.S. online retail sales and it’s expected to grow to over $500 billion in 2018 according to Forrester Research.
· Globally, consumer online shopping is expected to surpass $2.5 trillion in 2017.
· inVia Robotics’ solution can save companies and warehouse operations over 50% in labor cost to pick and pack goods.
Do you want to be on the leading edge of the next wave of technology? Keep reading…
THE OPPORTUNITY: ROBOTICS ENGINEER (PERCEPTION)
inVia Robotics is looking for a sharp robotics engineer to focus on building perception (computer vision). We are searching for a seasoned engineer with advanced experience with robotics machine vision systems and image processing.
This is truly a unique opportunity to be incredibly impactful to a growing business with a proven solution that will change industry standards.
- Optimizing and maintaining fiducial detection code.
- Building visual odometry systems.
- Building object recognition systems.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE: REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS/ATTRIBUTES
- EDUCATION: BS degree in computer science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or related field required. MS/PhD in these fields and/or robotics highly preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: 5-7+ years of hands on experience with robotics, mechanical or computer engineering.
- Extensive experience programming in C++ and Linux
- Knowledge of OpenCV, Visual Odometry and object recognition (Keypoint based).
- Experience with LiDAR, RGBD point cloud processing (PCL) and SONAR a plus.
- We’d also love to see a background in object recognition (deep learning based), stereo vision, monocular SLAM (with IMU integration).
WHY inVia Robotics?
· Salary + competitive/aggressive commissions + equity.
· An opportunity to work closely with the founding team leading the drive for sales and revenue.
· Be a part of the next technology wave that will power the next generation of ecommerce fulfillment.