Senior Product Manager
The Baby Box Company
POSITION:Sr. Product Manager
REPORTS TO:Director of Product
CONTACT: Jesse Sacks, Recruiting Partner, e. firstname.lastname@example.org, c. 310.924.9049
THE COMPANY: The Baby Box Company (www.babyboxco.com)
Since 1938, new parents in Finland have been sent home from the hospital with one unique, yet simple gift: A cardboard box. Filled with newborn essentials, the boxes are also designed to be a baby’s first bed. Combined with pre-natal and post-natal care and education, the boxes are credited with drastically reducing infant mortality. The Baby Box Co. is an innovative educational program equipping parents with resources to give their babies a safe start in life.
· The baby box was invented in Finland, which has one of the lowest infant mortality rates in the world.
· Starting as an e-commerce business, The Baby Box Co. has evolved to wholesale and are now reimagining themselves as a free online education platform for parents, Baby Box University.
· Baby Box Co. has garnered serious attention by distributing FREE baby boxes with safe and useful products to parents in certain markets, a program that will continue to expand.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Sr. Product Manager
We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager to help us develop The Baby Box Company into a next generation premier digital education platform for parents seeking information they can trust about raising healthy, happy babies. This individual will have a clear understanding of what it takes to build a top quality web and mobile application, used by millions of people worldwide.
- Deep understanding of customer and customer needs; a strong advocate for your users.
- Translate customer needs into prioritized list of features and product roadmap.
- Work closely with engineering to develop detailed technical requirements.
- Use data to understand how the product is working and how customers interact with the product.
- Manage expectations around feature delivery and roadmap with both internal and external stakeholders.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- EXPERIENCE: 4+ years of product management experience of consumer facing web applications.
- Expertise in web analytics and data-driven product decisions.
- Experience managing onsite/offsite engineering teams, & setting expectations & deadlines.
- Hands on experience in wireframing and requirements-writing.
- Customer-facing experience and comfort in communicating with external stakeholders.
- Experience with video content distribution a plus.
- Experience with personalization/recommendation engines a plus.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ownership mentality and passion for early-stage startup environments.
WHY Baby Box Company?
Our team is committed to taking a socially impactful, mission driven approach to our goal of providing every infant with a safe sleep space, and every parent with high-quality products and educational resources they need to properly care for their child. Fresh off a significant round of venture funding, Baby Box Co. is expanding rapidly and looking for impact team players. We offer extremely competitive salaries, a vibrant work environment and a common goal.