Sr. Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
POSITION: Sr. Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
REPORTS TO: VP of Engineering
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
THE COMPANY: HOLLAR
Launched by a team of proven serial entrepreneurs, Hollar is the first online and mobile direct-to-consumer dollar store. The vision is to disrupt the Dollar and Extreme Value Industry (estimated at $45 Billion) the way Amazon revolutionized deep-discount retail over a decade ago.
Come “discover the greatest deals on the planet” and help Hollar build the destination of choice for value-conscious customers to fulfill their everyday household, consumable and discretionary needs.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Sr. Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
Hollar is seeking an experienced and talented engineer to evolve our shopping applications and marketplace platform. You will build robust and scalable software in multiple modern object-oriented and functional languages. You are someone who thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment and relishes in technological innovation that is grounded in practicality.
- Design and develop critical features on the Hollar shopping platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, execute and ship new features
- Lead onshore and offshore resources to achieve development objectives
- Continuously evaluate and improve the high availability and scalability of all Hollar applications
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new tools and approaches to maximize development efficiency
THE REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS/PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in CS or engineering discipline required, or equivalent experience
- EXPERIENCE: 5+ years of experience architecting and developing highly scalable distributed systems
- Experience with eCommerce and customer shopping experiences required
- Extensive experience in Ruby, Rails and AWS services (EC2, SQS, RDS, ElastiCache, OpsWorks)
- Passionate about Test-Driven Development and building reliable, maintainable code
- Solid understanding of agile and iterative development methodologies
- Experience with marketplaces and platform business models a plus
- Experience building solid, performant APIs using REST or GraphQL
- An openness and desire to learn other technology stacks such as Elixir/Phoenix
• Work with a team of entrepreneurs with a proven track record of launching globally recognized and highly success ecommerce companies.
• Be a part of an early entrepreneurial team in a fast-paced, dynamic and results-driven environment.
• Competitive salary + meaningful equity/options, 401K and health benefits!