Sr. Experience Designer, UX - Los Angeles
Culver City, CA
The Opportunity: Sr. Experience Designer, UX - LA
BeyondCurious is looking for a Sr. Experience Designer with impressive user experience skills, a passion for building great digital products, and a love for collaborating with teams of smart colleagues and clients. We’re an innovation agency designed to identify, elicit, and generate unique ideas with our clients that have transformative business value. As a Sr. Experience Designer, your role is to execute cross-channel design solutions from concept to design to final build. You are able to engage with Experience Research and Experience Strategy to understand insights, ideas, models, and concepts and translate them into actionable designs – from sketches to wireframes to comps to interactive prototypes. You are equally adept at ensuring your designs come to life during implementation through seamless engagement with our technologists.
WHAT CAN WE EXPECT FROM YOU?
- Information Architecture: Concept models, sitemaps, process flows, use cases
- Interaction Design: Design sketches, wireframes, prototypes
- Workshops: execute, and analyze collaborative workshops with clients
- Collaborate deeply with coworkers and clients during ideation sessions, hackathons, working sessions, etc.
- Examine industry and design trends for inspiration
- Support Experience Researchers and Experience Strategists
- Prototyping: Create paper and interactive prototypes for use during research sessions
- Audience definition: Work with Experience Researchers and Experience Strategists to define audience segments and attributes
- Persona development: Work with Experience Researchers and Experience Strategists to segment-aligned create personas
- Usability Testing: Work with Experience Researchers and Experience Strategists to plan, execute, and analyze usability tests
- Advocate for the BeyondCurious brand with clients, colleagues and the industry in general
- Promote the BeyondCurious brand as needed/requested through publications, speaking, event attendance, etc.
- Develop and maintain key client relationships
- Work with Business Development and Client Services teams to source, develop, and close leads
- Engage in mini design projects to produce spec work and compelling ideas for potential clients
- Create exceptional project proposals
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM BEYONDCURIOUS?
- Autonomy to define success and the creation of path to making it happen
- High caliber team that drives to quality
- A responsive leadership team that will provide support and guidance
- Healthy and collaborative relationships with internal team, clients and partners
- Collaborative and accessible cloud based tools to drive projects
HOW WILL SUCCESS BE MEASURED?
- Client happiness as measured by NPS (Net Promoter Score)
- Team’s pride in the work they do everyday as measured by PIP (Pride In Product)
WHAT KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES WILL YOU BRING?
- A deep specialization in User Experience, with a thorough understanding of interaction design, content design, and client-side technology
- 5+ years of experience as a UX designer
- A portfolio of exceptional design for major clients
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities internally and with clients
- The ability to plan and estimate design work across disciplines
- Be a design geek: You are desperately, irretrievably, and forever in love with all things design.
- Be a trend spotter: You are constantly aware of the latest trends in design, technology, and business and know how to apply your knowledge to your work.
- Be an evangelist: You openly discuss and share your ideas, abilities, and enthusiasm with others.
- Be a maker: You’re not just a talker or idea generator – you know how to make things tangible.
- Be a collaborator: You feel at home when you’re part of a team of smart, driven, fun people.
Who we are…
BeyondCurious helps organizations accelerate their digital transformation. We provide strategies, digital solutions and top talent to make your organization agile and innovative. BeyondCurious is a catalyst that unlocks the limitless potential of people and organizations, giving you clarity and results that create immediate impact.