Lead Software Engineer
La Jolla, CA
POSITION: Lead Software Engineer
REPORTS TO: Head of Engineering
LOCATION: La Jolla - San Diego, CA
CONTACT: Recruiting Partner, Chetan “Chaz” Agrawal, m. 949.742.2184, e. firstname.lastname@example.org
THE COMPANY: ZEBIT (www.zebit.com)
Zebit is committed to providing free financial resources and no-cost credit to hard-working Americans. Zebit counters deceptive financing alternatives and saves members thousands of dollars in fees by offering free financial education, interest-free financing, and access to a closed marketplace containing tens of thousands of competitively priced products. Members pay over time without interest, fees, penalties, or credit checks.
Zebit benefits consumers by disintermediating the $70B predatory cash lending portion of the purchase value chain and passing the savings to the buyer. Zebit is building a unique brand, around “Buy now, pay over time, 0% always.” The platform provides the ability to finance virtually any purchase in an eCommerce marketplace through a no-interest, no-fee, installment-based payment plan (not a cash loan). The marketplace includes products drop-shipped from wholesale suppliers as well as access to millions of products through leading merchants (Amazon, Target, Best Buy, etc.).
Headquartered in San Diego, CA, Zebit is a well-funded venture backed company that has significant revenue generation and is on a path to profitability.
· Mission driven company focused on providing 0% APR for life with consumer facing fintech/e-com platform
· Venture backed w/ over $25M total and last round July 2017 with greater than $10M of additional investment
· Rapidly scaling with over 60K customers and > $1M in sales per month, heading for a $20M 2017
· Clear path to profitability and exit in next 3 years
· ~32 people in company today and expanding
· $70 billion addressable market
· 200 million addressable customers
· Very successful and experienced management team
THE OPPORTUNITY: LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Zebit is going to revolutionize how financial services are provided to the under-banked. Zebit is building out its entire cloud platform using a code-first strategy and is obsessive about producing and shipping high quality software. The ideal candidate will have both a broad and deep background in web technologies, technology architectures and software development best practices.
This role will serve as a technology expert responsible for driving and contributing to the technical direction in the development of our product and platform. He/she will provide technical guidance and hands on experience to the Engineering team during the entire software development life cycle.
ZEBIT TECHNOLOGY STACK
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Design and deliver platform features that are distributed, latency tolerant, and highly available
· Oversee application designs, automated and manual test plans, and rollout strategies
· Evaluate proprietary, open source, and home grown solutions and drive our technology stack
· Work throughout the entire hardware/software stack
· Overall responsibility for scalable and reliable design of the systems for meeting business growth expectations.
· Establishment and enforcement of coding standards and practices.
· Work very closely with other IT leaders to ensure schedule and quality compliance.
· Provide time and effort estimates as it relates to engineering effort.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE: QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS/PERSONA
- EDUCATION: BA/BS preferred, but will consider those with proven experience.
- EXPERIENCE: 3-5+ years of engineering experience-using object oriented PHP5 development in a web environment.
- Proven and demonstrable experience architecting, designing and implementing enterprise-scale, high volume, high availability systems
- BS or MS degree in computer science or engineering.
- 5+ total years experience in software design and implementation in distributed environment
- Strong experience in different middleware technologies and servers, including both open source and proprietary technologies.
- Strong relational database knowledge, including data modeling and performance tuning
- 3+ years C# Language experience
- Working knowledge of PHP desirable
WHY WORK WITH ZEBIT?
· The company addresses a huge market opportunity to more than 200M people in the U.S. alone.
· Offers competitive compensation, stock/equity and full benefits (health/dental/vision/life)
· Office in beautiful La Jolla close to the beach and downtown San Diego.
· Flexible hours with possible future remote work.
· Founders want you to contribute to your own open source projects.
· Knowing your work shines through the product.
Highly competitive compensation package comprised of base salary, stock options & robust benefit package, including health, dental, vision, FSA plans, disability, life & AD&D, 401K with matching, flexible PTO plan and much more
Do you have the drive to roll up your sleeves and get to work? Great. Are you looking to get pushed to be better every day? Even better. Each person at Zebit is dedicated to making Zebit not just great, but outstanding.
Come join the team! Please contact Chaz Agrawal at email@example.com / 949.742.2184.