Lead Web Software Engineer
La Jolla, CA
POSITION: Lead Web Software Engineer
REPORTS TO: Head of Engineering
LOCATION: La Jolla - San Diego, CA
CONTACT: Recruiting Partner, Chetan “Chaz” Agrawal, m. 949.742.2184, e. email@example.com
THE COMPANY: ZEBIT (www.zebit.com)
Zebit is committed to providing free financial resources and no-cost credit to hard-working Americans. Zebit counters deceptive financing alternatives and saves members thousands of dollars in fees by offering free financial education, interest-free financing, and access to a closed marketplace containing tens of thousands of competitively priced products. Members pay over time without interest, fees, penalties, or credit checks.
Zebit benefits consumers by disintermediating the $70B predatory cash lending portion of the purchase value chain and passing the savings to the buyer. Zebit is building a unique brand, around “Buy now, pay over time, 0% always.” The platform provides the ability to finance virtually any purchase in an eCommerce marketplace through a no-interest, no-fee, installment-based payment plan (not a cash loan). The marketplace includes products drop-shipped from wholesale suppliers as well as access to millions of products through leading merchants (Amazon, Target, Best Buy, etc.).
Headquartered in San Diego, CA, Zebit is a well-funded venture backed company that has significant revenue generation and is on a path to profitability.
· Mission driven company focused on providing 0% APR for life with consumer facing fintech/e-com platform
· Venture backed w/ over $25M total and last round July 2017 with greater than $10M of additional investment
· Rapidly scaling with over 60K customers and > $1M in sales per month, heading for a $20M 2017
· Clear path to profitability and exit in next 3 years
· ~32 people in company today and expanding
· $70 billion addressable market
· 200 million addressable customers
· Very successful and experienced management team
THE OPPORTUNITY: LEAD WEB SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Zebit is building out its entire cloud platform using a code-first strategy and is obsessive about producing and shipping high quality software. If you are a web developer/software engineer that thrives in a fast paced environment, and believe in shipping great code, then Zebit has an amazing opportunity for you. You will be working on all aspects of the company’s website and back end systems.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE: QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS/PERSONA
- EDUCATION: BA/BS preferred, but will consider those with proven experience.
- EXPERIENCE: 3-5+ years of engineering experience-using object oriented PHP5 development in a web environment.
- Fluent with design patterns, particularly MVC frameworks.
- Experience working on tiered distributed architectures (SOA).
- Experience with at least one PHP mocking/testing framework.
- Experience with web services (SOAP and/or REST+JSON).
- AWS Cloud Experience.
- Experience with Reddis, Salt, Vagrant, MongoDB/NoSQL highly desirable.
- Magento and Selenium experience is highly desirable.
- Have proven experience using the LAMP stack.
- You are a PHP guru and have the knowledgebase to write a book on PHP development if needed.
- Past experience with Angular.Js, React.Js, Node.Js, or similar highly desirable.
- Not just a full-stack developer, but one who is passionate about writing and shipping quality code.
- Understand that operations/support are a priority when designing and building software systems, and engineer solutions to improve support and lower operational costs.
- Self-directed professional, knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
WHY WORK WITH ZEBIT?
· The company addresses a huge market opportunity to more than 200M people in the U.S. alone.
· Offers competitive compensation, stock/equity and full benefits (health/dental/vision/life)
· Office in beautiful La Jolla close to the beach and downtown San Diego.
· Flexible hours with possible future remote work.
· Founders want you to contribute to your own open source projects.
· Knowing your work shines through the product.
Highly competitive compensation package comprised of base salary, stock options & robust benefit package, including health, dental, vision, FSA plans, disability, life & AD&D, 401K with matching, flexible PTO plan and much more
Do you have the drive to roll up your sleeves and get to work? Great. Are you looking to get pushed to be better every day? Even better. Each person at Zebit is dedicated to making Zebit not just great, but outstanding.
Come join the team! Please contact Chaz Agrawal at firstname.lastname@example.org / 949.742.2184.