Sr. Experience Researcher - Los Angeles
Culver City, CA
The Opportunity: Sr. Experience Researcher - LA
BeyondCurious is looking for a few good researchers to work with us on a range of projects, from imagining the future of in-car technology to understanding how music affects families at home. If you are a multi-talented qualitative researcher who is comfortable wearing different hats (from objective researcher to informed strategist), please apply.
Reporting to the Head of Experience Research and Strategy, the BeyondCurious Experience Research Strategist is a client-focused, mission-driven, individual who brings passion, authenticity, and rigor to everything they do.
WHAT CAN WE EXPECT FROM YOU?
- Qualitative researcher who can see broad strokes and big themes while connecting back to data details
- Able to confidently conduct a wide range of qualitative research methods, including contextual inquiry, ethnography, UX/usability testing, participatory design.
- Comfortable with in-person and remote moderation
- Accountable for rigor, veracity, and authenticity in all things related to research and strategy
- Leads field research, analysis, and deliverable creation, with demonstrated ability to derive clear, actionable recommendations from qualitative research
- Excels at visual framework creation (experience models, 2x2’s journey maps, personae)
- Skilled at presentation and facilitation, including facilitating workshops with client stakeholders
- A people person who is both warm and confident, opinionated and a good listener.
- Not afraid to say what you think is right, able to concede the point when you’re not.
- A great communicator who works well with others, ensuring consistent, clear communication and collaboration with BeyondCurious and client teams
- Able to work in sprint methodology, building, articulating and iterating upon experience principles and design requirements based on research results, and ensuring alignment of research and experience design output with project brief goals
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Willingness and ability to pick up new qualitative skills and relentless curiosity about new tools and methods.
- Interest in merging quantitative and qualitative measures of the experience, and open to forging new approaches to combining the two.
WHAT KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES WILL YOU BRING?
- Anthropology, social science, or humanities degree
- 5-7 years experience working in research and/or UX in a consulting environment
- Adaptable, critical thinker who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, sprint-based environment
- Strategic thinker with an excellent understanding of key industry influences and ability to apply this thinking to clients and brands.
Who we are…
BeyondCurious helps organizations accelerate their digital transformation. We provide strategies, digital solutions and top talent to make your organization agile and innovative. BeyondCurious is a catalyst that unlocks the limitless potential of people and organizations, giving you clarity and results that create immediate impact.