Dun & Bradstreet Emerging Businesses
THE COMPANY: DUN & BRADSTREET EMERGING BUSINESSES (www.dandb.com)
Dun & Bradstreet is the leading provider of credit building and credibility solutions for emerging businesses. As one of the first companies to be publicly traded on the NYSE, Dun & Bradstreet’s roots are steeped in tradition, woven into the fiber of corporate America and a credit reporting industry dating back to 1837. The company provides the only real business credit monitoring solution available to companies looking to monitor and impact their own business credit profile.
· Led by serial entrepreneur, Vice Chairman, Jeff Stibel and a proven senior executive team with a track record of building and running successful technology driven businesses.
· Rapidly growing business unit within a public Fortune 500 company.
· Leading credit monitoring products are used by hundreds of thousands of companies globally.
· Dun & Bradstreet D-U-N-S® Number, a unique nine-digit identification sequence used by the world’s most influential standards-setting organizations and recognized, recommended and often required by global corporations, governments, industry and trade associations.
· Dun & Bradstreet’s proprietary set of key ratings include:
o The PAYDEX® Score, a predictive indicator for paying bills on time;
o The Financial Stress Score, an indicator of financial stress in the next 12 months;
o The Credit Limit Recommendation, which provides guidelines for extending business credit’
o Dun & Bradstreet Rating which addresses the overall assessment of a business.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Database Administrator
Dun & Bradstreet Emerging Businesses is looking for a Database Administrator to help manage our extensive proprietary database. The primary responsibilities will be to ensure the stability, security and reliability of all SQL Server systems, as well as assist development team with best practices and code optimization as needed.
· Proactively maintain and monitor database environments for 24/7 availability
· Manage and execute daily operational jobs, including backups, updates, defrags, etc.
· Develop alerts, reports and automated processes for failed jobs, as appropriate
· Optimize procedures, indexes and table schemas according to trending data
· Ensure security measures and policies are in place by minimizing scope of exposure to logins, updating security patches, separating service accounts for administrative jobs and performing necessary security audits
· Responsible for reviewing the design and deployment of any data objects into production
· Act as first contact in a rotating, on-call schedule for database support
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE: REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS/PERSONA
· EDUCATION: BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related field preferable.
· EXPERIENCE: 3-5 yearsexperience working in a fast paced database environment with various versions of SQL Server.
· Experience building and managing Windows and SQL Servers in AWS.
· Experience with Team Foundation Services including deployment.
· Experience with developing data flow processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
· Experience in administering a Microsoft SQL Server Database as a Production/Operational Experience as a Database Administrator
· Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
· Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization using either custom built SQL or 3rd party tools.
· Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
· Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
· Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
· Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations for various types of hardware technology.
· Able to quickly learn new technologies and interact effectively with all levels of management with tact and professionalism.
· A self-directed individual who knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline; can work independently with minimal supervision.
· Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal.
· Hands-on; completes tasks and dependable.
· Strong team player able to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
· Above all, have the highest level of integrity, ethics and professional character.
Come be part of a dynamic company led by a group of entrepreneurial leaders with a proven track record where company culture is a critical mission of leadership team.
· Competitive salary + bonus + full benefits.
· Enjoy perks such as weekly yoga classes, company happy hours, birthday celebrations, catered lunches and many other festivities throughout the year (think everything from Abe Lincoln's birthday to Field Day to Diwali!).
· Work alongside passionate, energetic colleagues who want to continue building and maintaining industry leading business products.
· Read about Jeff Stibel’s Failure Wall.
· Dun & Bradstreet to Acquire Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corporation in a Combination that will Deliver Market Leading Solutions for Emerging Businesses