Senior Security Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
POSITION: Senior Security Engineer
LOCATION:, Santa Monica, CA
THE COMPANY: GOODRX (www.goodrx.com)
We are a 100+ person team funded by top-tier firms, based in Santa Monica, CA with satellite offices in San Francisco. We are a low-key but tight-knit group of hard-working people working to fix America's broken healthcare system. Americans spend over $400 billion per year on prescriptions and too many people simply can't afford the medications they desperately need. Join GoodRx and help us solve meaningful problems that help us make people’s lives better every day.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Senior Security Engineer
GoodRx is looking for a hands-on Senior Security Engineer to keep information safe and eliminate risks across our products and internal systems. This individual will collaborate with GoodRx’s Lead Security Engineer and engineering team to ensure our services are well vetted and maintained. The Sr. Security Engineer will be technically savvy, a strong multitasker and be one step ahead to ensure consistent coverage and eliminate any room for vulnerabilities.
- Design and develop security testing scenarios and perform ongoing security testing and code review to improve our security posture.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, and standards in support of security enhancement and development efforts.
- Maintain our security monitoring solutions and make changes when needed to improve visibility and relevancy of alerting.
- Serve as the security expert and communicate information security-related concepts to technical and non-technical team members.
- Help oversee the organizations bug bounty program and work with independent security researchers as needed.
- Work directly with developers and product managers to help define security requirements for new projects and products.
THE REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS:
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in CS, computer engineering or related field
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years' experience in the field of application security.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Amazon Web Services products and services. (EC2, S3, RDS, Macie, Lambda, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience complying with various security standards and best practices, particularly related to high traffic consumer facing websites.
- Expert technical knowledge of database and Linux operating system security.
- Red/Blue team or relevant experience with modern penetration testing tools.
- Experience with PCI / SOX / SOC-2 / HIPPA audits a plus.
- Strong knowledge of web application design, development and testing techniques.
- Strong capacity for debugging web application and security issues.
- You enjoy researching the latest IT security trends.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
WHY JOIN GOODRX?
Every day, GoodRx brings millions of Americans the lowest possible prices for prescription drugs. Our proprietary market-intelligence technology gathers current prices at more than 75,000 pharmacies to bring customers savings of up to 80% on their prescriptions. Since 2011, Americans have saved more than $3 billion using GoodRx. We are the #1 medical app on the iOS and Android app stores, and our products can help all Americans, insured or not.
We also offer:
· A competitive compensation plan
· A beautiful office located overlooking the ocean in Santa Monica
· A casual, fun, relaxed, and entertaining work environment
· Professional development opportunities
· Great Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
· Flexible schedule