Santa Monica, CA
POSITION: Product Manager
REPORTS TO: Senior Product Manager
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA or optionally, Los Angeles, CA
THE COMPANY: STEADY (www.steadyapp.com)
At Steady, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to take control of their financial future! Steady is an income-building platform for the Build-Your-Own workforce, assisting workers looking to supplement their income with part-time, one-time, and freelance jobs. In fact, 43% of the workforce holds multiple jobs! We make it easier for people to find the best opportunities to build their careers, as well as manage and better understand their income. We’re redefining the future of the gig economy and want talented individuals to join our growing team!
· Steady app users reportedly earn $600 more the month after they download the app, of which currently at least $100 can be directly tied to work found within the app
· Steady has dramatically outperformed their growth plan with over 750k app users and over 725k job applications started
· Steady closed a $9MM Series A round backed by Propel Ventures, BBA, Commerce Ventures, and Omidyar Ventures, with a Series B coming soon!
THE OPPORTUNITY: PRODUCT MANAGER
The Product Manager will create innovative solutions around the way that consumers identify and transform their earnings and overall financial health.
We’re looking for someone who has a demonstrated ability to conceive, define, build, and deliver innovative personalization technology. To do this effectively, you must be capable of leading and inspiring technology, design, and analytical members to conceive, develop, scope, spec, build, and go-live with products that have a massive impact.
Steady is seeking a professional who approaches work with a game-changing attitude and a desire to make a true impact on the organization via transformative product development. This is a critical position with significant responsibility and incredible potential. You should be someone who is uncomfortable with the status quo and never content to rest on your laurels. Innovation, creativity, and a hunger to always improve will be critical.
CORE ASPECTS OF THE ROLE
- Innovation. Set the tone for creating, designing, and delivering world-class, pioneering data products that advance Steady as an industry leader in the world of both financial education and income optimization. Possess an “innovator’s mindset” for all technology solutions and consumer-facing products.
- Prioritization and Expectation Management. Collect requests of passionate stakeholders, prioritize all work by balancing the competing demands across the company, and accurately manage stakeholder expectations.
- Product customization / segmentation. Create and release products based on rigorous attention to user behavior as evidenced by data. This requires a thorough testing approach to identify the most effective product (feature, functionality, version) for each user / audience. The strategy includes customer segmentation, understanding the needs of each segment, application of current and future products to each segment, and movement of the consumer through the stages. This analytical approach will lead to developing better features, customer engagement, personalization and the progression of the new / better versions of the product.
- Feature Discovery and Definition. Work with research, UX, design, and other stakeholders to ideate, investigate, refine, and define new feature concepts and communicate feature details with other internal teams at appropriate stages of progress.
- Design Analytics. Oversee the design and use of all analytical assets that Steady creates. Impact the data assets of the company by influencing architecture, technology, science. You will need to understand the evolution of data, user consumption patterns, and user mechanics.
- Scoping. Clearly articulate the product requirements. These assessments and requirements will be based on hands-on feedback from analysis, users, your experience, and business requirements.
- Project Management. Monitor and report on the status of all ongoing projects, ensuring deadlines and milestones are met. Set and meet aggressive data initiatives and timelines, which will increase the speed to market with product launches, yet ensure the highest levels of quality.
- Rapid Prototype / Speed. Develop a fast-paced organization/culture to prototype, test, and release.
- Beta- and Post-Launch Measurement. Develop a real-time feedback loop to monitor products (features, design, usability) and analytical assets. Ultimately leverage this feedback and integrate into a continuously improving experience. Manage internal programs (and vendors) to test Steady’s platform / apps / mobile solutions’ usability. You will be responsible for creating tests, managing quality and overseeing the evaluation and processing of the data.
- Work cross-functionally. The Product Manager will manage and work closely with technology, growth, and product groups to develop, scope, spec, build, and go-live with products based on technical capability, company, and customer needs.
- Engineering partnership. Work with engineering and growth teams to define functional requirements and lead the design and execution of applications and products.
- Feedback. Develop a real time feedback loop to monitor Steady’s products (features, design, usability). Ultimately leverage this feedback and integrate into a continuously improving experience.
- Presentation. Work with the team to create/prepare presentations for Executive Team / Board representing business intelligence, analytical, and data deliverables through presentation of design concepts.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE: QUALIFICATIONS
- EXPERIENCE: 5+ years of experience in product management, preferably with a consumer-facing fintech or e-commerce company, and previous experience at a successful startup or growth stage company
- EDUCATION: BA degree
- You are hands-on creating user stories and wireframes through the entire process, influencing creative, design UI/UX, specs (e.g.: market, functional, technology specs), and workflows
- Experience with Lean and Agile product development methods
- Exposure to developing tools / features to increase or add customer usage / retention
- Ability to balance product demands with the demands of other stakeholders
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage heavy workload, providing visibility into the workflow and portfolio
- Firm grasp on the interconnected relationship between product and engineering (and product and marketing) teams with strong thoughts on how best to manage projects / teams effectively
- Experience developing dashboards and key metrics to track the business and inform strategy
- Can work effectively in an emerging stage business; should still be hands-on and not require support staff to be effective
- Be exceptional at identifying and breaking down problems to find unique solutions
- Expert understanding of the project lifecycle processes including: Initiation, requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, contemporary testing methodologies, and deployment management
- User- and data-driven decision mentality, backed by strong business acumen. Develop new insights that inform decisions and drive the collective business forward
- Personality profile to fit into a high-growth, entrepreneurial culture that requires teamwork and significant interaction with employees at all levels
- Ability to easily shift from big picture strategy to hands-on execution
- Deep understanding of user acquisition, user engagement, and the associated transaction funnel analytics, particularly for mobile platforms
- Effectively present data and analysis used for both internal stakeholders and external clients and third parties
- Look for opportunities to use insights/datasets/code/models across various company needs
- Conduct research from which you’ll develop prototypes and proof of concepts. Design, analyze, test A/B testing procedure
- Familiarity with reporting tools such as Amplitude, Periscope, Tableau, Redshift, Snowflake a plus
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE: PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- You are both right brained and left brained, thus able to recite metrics and brand strategy at the same time. You possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit and have a passion for disrupting industries.
- You possess a strong understanding of consumer mindset, consumer empathy and dedication to great consumer experiences.
- You take ownership, are an inventive problem solver and have a high level of accountability. You are personally data-driven, and make sure your team understands the “why” behind “what” they are building as well as “how” they are going to measure to understand success.
- You have outstanding oral and written communication skills that can keep varying groups and teams aligned and informed. You are collaborative but can make quick and decisive decisions.
- You can think big picture and have the ability to execute. You want to actively participate at all levels of building Steady. You are both confident, humble, and possess a positive disposition.
- You are willing to adapt as situations change, and able to function effectively in ambiguous situations.
WHY STEADY: BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive Compensation: Based on experience and performance
- Long Term Incentives: Company equity and 401k
- Healthcare Benefits: Full suite of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Purpose: The Steady team is full of sharp, interesting, and passionate people. We’re conveniently located in downtown Atlanta and downtown Santa Monica