Front End Lead React Engineer
Hollar is the ultimate mobile destination for cool products at incredible deals starting at $1. Featuring thousands of items from toys and electronics to home, beauty, and apparel—including unique curated gift and party collections—Hollar is all about the joy of discovery. With $80 million in venture capital funding from top investors such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Index Ventures and more, Hollar is primed to revolutionize the extreme value industry.
Help us build the next revolution in retail. Join our growing and collaborative team! Hollar is headquartered 10
minutes from Downtown LA, 20 minutes from Mid-Wilshire and 20 minutes from Pasadena.
Hollar is looking for an exceptional front-end technical lead to advance our customer shopping experience. You will help architect, build, and evolve Hollar's next-generation UI towards reuse, flexibility and performance. You are someone who thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment and relishes in creating pixel-perfect, lighting-fast, universally-compatible web applications.
What you'll do:
- Build industry-leading user experiences for web and mobile web applications
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Fix bugs and improve application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new tools and approaches to maximize development efficiency
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in web development
- Demonstrated ability to architect complex front-end web applications
- Enthusiastic about mentoring and leading others
- Performance optimization experience, in particular mobile and responsive applications
- Solid understanding of agile and iterative development methodologies
- Passionate about Test Driven Development (Jest / Mocha / Jasmine)
- Familiarity with Polymer and AngularJS a plus
- Familiarity with Sass and ERB a plus
What's in it for you:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Fitness reimbursement
- Unique and fun culture!
- Dog friendly office
- Fully stocked kitchen and weekly catered lunches