Senior Manager, Influencer Relations & Business Development
MVMT is seeking a creative and analytical person to lead our influencer relations team. The ideal person will have proven experience identifying and engaging influencers, managing influencer outreach programs, and creating engaging, brand worthy content. This role will step in to oversee our existing influencer relations team, manage consultants, drive thought leadership and strategy to build on MVMT’s successful influencer programs. We are looking for someone who lives influencer marketing and breaths strategy. This dynamic manager will have experience experimenting with innovative ways to leverage influencers to achieve our goals and the ability to constantly evolve the way we work in the industry.
- Negotiate with both influencers & networks. Work closely with internal and external legal teams to negotiate and execute influencer contracts.
- Develop actionable insights from campaigns and work with our analytics & marketing teams to measure the impact of our influencer outreach, deliver detailed reports to upper management and advise on strategy.
- Master, grow and maintain MVMT’s proprietary platform and internal network of influencers to facilitate the creation and distribution of authentic, relevant branded content.
- Stay on top of industry trends, latest influencer and digital media advancements, relevant campaigns and tools.
- Develop and mentor a highly functioning social influencer team while building and managing strong relationships across a number of departments.
- Lead all social influencer programs including long-term relationships, seasonal activation, and a substantial micro-influencer program.
- Align with marketing, social media, PR, and product teams to build content calendars specific to influencer marketing, to reflect key programs and product launches.
- Track and analyze all outreach performance, content, conversion rates to estimate ROI and advise on best strategies moving forward.
- Identify and attend influencer events.
- Focus on optimization of non-performing accounts & clients, adjust payout negotiations and content suggestions.
- Scope launches of new influencer tools and resources, evaluate and test where applicable.
- Create influencer marketing plan, manage budget and hold team accountable for monthly and annual goals.
- EDUCATION: BS/BA, preferably in marketing, business administration or analytical field.
- EXPERIENCE: 3-5+ years of experience building and managing high-performing influencer marketing programs.
- Experience identifying, recruiting and managing influencer/ambassador programs for large, national consumer facing brands. e-Commerce/direct-to-consumer are preferred.
- Experience pitching/negotiating influencer placements, including time working with management agencies as well as influencers without management. This person should have a pre-existing rolodex of contacts within agencies.
- Ability to help your team develop creative campaign strategies and influencer promotions that resonate with MVMT’s target audience.
- Extensive expertise in Excel. Must be able to build and manage complex data sets in spreadsheets to assist with finance and internal reporting.
- Experience managing remote or off shore employees.
- Highly active within social media on a global scale.
- Must be comfortable being looked to as a team leader and subject matter expert.
- Takes accountability and initiative.
- You love working collaboratively.
- You thrive in fast paced environments.
- You are high energy and low ego.
- You are comfortable giving feedback and receiving constructive criticism.
- You have a strong bias for action. You hustle and can’t imagine leaving for tomorrow what could be done today.
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves to complete decision-driving analyses, but you can also get your hands dirty with the everyday tasks that keep the company running.
- You have a positive attitude and a desire to learn and have fun.
- You love helping remove road blocks for other members of the team.
You’ll probably be happy here if:
MVMT is a company that has grown from an IndieGoGo campaign to revenues of 70M+ in just four years, all while remaining independent. We are a fast moving, direct to consumer organization that is committed to delivering world-class style at affordable prices. MVMT is poised to re-invigorate the watch and sunglass industry by creating a product that resonates with the same millennial audience we are a part of. We offer extremely competitive compensation and benefits packages, along with the opportunity to learn and grow in a rapidly expanding market. Join the MVMT.